Hello, hello, hello! I'm back! for tonight anyway.... My husband scheduled me a time on the library's computer for TWO HOURS! YAHOO!!! My order of business will be - this sad, neglected blog. Then it will be off to browse the net. WHEE!!!
SO! It's been an eventful summer. We have 2 weeks left of it and I'm happy about that. Time for a regular routine. This momma needs it. Not to say my summer has been completely chaotic. Shall I recap for you?
We took the first ever LONG roadtrip with our kids. We drove to Boise, ID to visit my brother and his family. We had such a nice weekend with them. My kids loved visiting their cousins & aunt & uncle. Good, good times. We then sallied forth to Island Park.... and excuse me, I don't know if that was in Idaho or Wyoming or Timbuktu. The hours spent in the car was just a wee bit too much. Anyway, we stayed out there for a week for Hero's family reunion. All of Hero's siblings live out of state so it was about time we got together! There were a zillion kids and 10 adults. The cousins had a BLAST as most of them had not seen each other in years. The adults too, had a blast. Well... except for me. Kinda.
You see, I was beginning to not feel quite myself. Actually, that started when I got to Boise. You know, smells were beginning to bother me. Certain foods were beginning to be repulsive. It was just not a good time. Then when we were all in the cabin together (which was huge) - it just was too much. I couldn't eat, I had to keep running to the bathroom to have the gags. I was in serious denial. Serious denial that I was... pregnant. AM pregnant.
I had been told years ago that I would never be able to get pregnant. Soooo... after several years, Hero & I adopted our 2 kids. (Albeit 4 years apart.) La la la, life goes on and um. I'm pregnant. Eep! I won't go into the whole long story of how I asked my sister what she thought about it (I suspected before going out on the roadtrip.) I won't tell you in detail about the many, many conversations I had with Hero about, "What if I am? What if it's something wrong with me? What if I'm dying?" I also won't bother with making the decision with Hero to drive 2 hours into town to pick up pregnancy tests and then decide upon getting back to the cabin NOT to do the tests because what if was negative? Nah. Although, I will tell you that when I woke up at 4am with a FULL bladder, I promptly decided to do the test and it popped up right away as being POSITIVE. I went to Hero and whispered in his ear, "I'm pregnant." He jolted and said, "What? HUH?!?" I repeated my statement and he said, "Huh." And fell promptly back to sleep. (I'm totally fine with that - he hadn't been sleeping well for a long time.) I laid myself back down on the couch where I had been sleeping and just had a smile on my face for the next 3 hours. I got up again and did the 2nd test - and WHEE!!! I'm PREGNANT!
It still doesn't feel real. I know it IS because of the 24-hour nausea and the tiredness and the other "symptoms" of pregnancy. (How come nobody told me that your girls get mighty SORE?! It's like the longest PMS EVER!) I told the midwife that it didn't feel real and she held up the test-stick and said, "Um, YEAH! You are!!!" She then pulled in the portable ultrasound and did a quick test. I saw my BABY! This teensy, little thing. Even now - tears are welling up. Since there was a question about my cycles, they scheduled me in for an ultrasound shortly thereafter which gave them the due date of MARCH 1ST! I was then at 10 weeks! The baby was waving it's arm as if to say, "Yo!" Then last week was my 12-week appointment and that one scared me. The midwife used the doppler to listen to the heartbeat but for some reason, couldn't get it. ACK! My stress levels just shot through the roof! So she pulled in a senior midwife and the portable ultrasound and I got to see the baby again! This time, the baby was doing flips. :)
Baby #3. Can you believe it? I can't and I can. It's surreal, really. But I'm loving the pregnancy deal. Loving that Hero and I actually made a baby. What's going to be interesting is what this baby looks like. Boo looks just like me and Little Man looks just like Hero. Yet - they were both adopted. Ah... my heart is just so filled with love for my kids! & BABY!
A lady said to me upon hearing the happy news, "It just goes to show you, it's all on the Lord's timetable." It has to be. And I am so grateful. It's been an eye-opening experience thus far for myself and my family.
This entry is long enough and doesn't even cover the other things that happened over the summer. Hopefully soon I will be able to get back on here and talk about those things too.
Ta for now!
7 comments:
I have been so happy for you ever since I found out!!! Sorry about the sisters! They are going to be tender for quite some time. Will you be finding out the gender? I didn't with mine. The suspense was intense!
Anyway, sorry again for the discomfort involved, but congratualions on your little miracle!
pregnancy is a miracle in itself and with the nausea and bathroom...I'm so happy for you . Its truelly in the lords time table and you have wonderful kids already..My heart is so full and happy for you.Love
That is so amazing I am so happy for you!
(btw this is silverana from cafe mom just so you don't think you have some weird stalker lol)
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!When I read this I was soooooooooo excited!!! I was crying!!! I am so happy for you and you are such an amazing mother already!!! Can't wait to hear more and see pictures of you all prego!!! Love you!
I've known for awhile & am still teary-eyed for you!!! Oh so excited, that's for sure. Sorry about the girls - I forgot that you didn't know about that. What else don't you know? Hmm, ok - after you have your sweet little baby you are going to get really grossed out by how much you will bleed and you have to wear these net underwear at the hospital with industrial sized pads (seriously, almost a diaper). So don't be shocked by that.
I love ya!
Hey Natalie - I think your comment is going to freak out my husband... LOL! Thanks for the heads-up!
So glad you have internet back - I enjoyed reading the update on your summer!
I'm one who has struggled with fertility issues, so I know what it's like to be blessed with a baby when hope seems few and far between.
Congratulations!!! I hope you will have a safe and good pregnancy, and when the time comes, a safe and beautiful delivery.
Cheers!!! :-D
(And welcome back to blogland!)
Post a Comment