Monday, May 09, 2011

What's been going on in my neck of the woods? Well, my cold-turkey method of getting off the happy pills has its good days... and some very bad days. It has come to the point where my Hero quietly tells me, "I don't want you to have another Wednesday." or "What can I do to help you not have a Wednesday?" Wednesday being the code word for a freak-out day. Ya. Not too long ago, on a WEDNESDAY, I had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. It was like my body was possessed by a ranting, crazy woman. I nitpicked on everything my kids & hubby did. I yelled. A lot. I cried. A lot. For Hero to now use that as a code word, hmm... Oy. Did I mention that I have absolutely zero patience these days as well? With anybody including myself? Not good. I'm trying, trying oh so hard to zip my lip but it's so hard! I think the current stresses (husband's job ending soon, looking for new place to live, PTA stuff, illnesses) are making things challenging. Sigh. But onwards & upwards, right?

Our 5K is on May 21st. I feel like I've slid back on my progress due to being sick. I did take the two older kids out for a 2-mile walk. We skipped, hopped, galloped, and ran the entire thing. I'm still a little confused as to why Boo told me I was funny when I jetted off and made them catch up to me. Perhaps it wasn't funny-haha, but more, funny-I'm just a silly mama. Either way, I enjoyed the time with them. We talked about golf (we did the golf course trail), pointed out different plants/trees/flowers, the "why does..." that only kids can come up with. Lovely way to start a Saturday morning.

Had to have a conversation with the same two kids later about why those things in the box/in the drawer/in the bathroom are NOT party-favors. Yes, they're brightly colored party-popper look-a-likes (kinda). NO, they are NOT indeed party-poppers. (FYI - as if you really need to know, I would've NEVER bought these as they're obviously geared to teeny-boppers but desperate times called for desperate measures. I have since then stocked up on my normal stuff. Which incidentally is not those party-popper things. I hate those! Huh. Never thought I'd share (albeit vaguely) what I use. But what I use isn't what you think either. Wha-huh?)

I'm having major issues with my short-term memory. I am losing everything these days! I remember seeing an object in a certain place but for the life of me, it's never where I think I saw it. This is an unending battle and it's driving me loco!!! Especially when I do finally find the object, and remember like two hours later, "Oh yeah - I DID move it over to this place." UGH! Things I'm currently missing: crochet hook, book, uh... other things too. But I can't remember. Like I said, major issues. Part of it is sleep-deprivation due to baby who can't sleep/nurse because he's so congested. Poor baby! Poor mama!

Finally - when you guys comment, do you want me to comment back? I think of things to say but then think to myself, "Who goes back to the comments to see if the author commented?" I dunno. Tell me.

6 comments:

Her Royal Highness said...

Sorry you're still Blue. At least Hero HAS a code word. But it IS unfortunate (for all of you) that a code word is necessary. I hope you feel better soon.
Popeye & I went to the temple last week. I put your name on the prayer roll. Just thought you might want to know.
I love ya. Short term memory and all. :)

Her Royal Highness said...

Oh yeah, and comment if you like, but I usually don't go back and check.

Kate said...

Sorry for the struggles! I had to laugh about the 'party favors', though. I once found an entire box of them dismantled under my son's bed. When I asked him why he said he just wanted to 'figure them out'.

You don't need to comment back, then I won't feel bad if I fail to comment back when you leave one on my blog. Love you, old friend!

HiHoRosie said...

hahahaha! I had to laugh about the party poppers! My lil guy loves those! ha ha! er...I've found some 'popped' in my room or back in the box. Oh well.

I love you Fluf - I'm thinking of you and hope things start looking up or stay looking up on those non-wednesdays. :)

I've got short term memory thing too. I just figure it's my age or mommyhood or not really putting an effort into remembering. ha ha!

As far as comments, I subscribe to comments on the posts I comments on if I know the blog author comments back and/or if I want to follow the subsequent comments. Make sense?

Rosanna said...

Sorry your family isn't feeling the best. Hopefully things will look up soon.

My house is finished and I am ready to run again if you would like to go out. Just let me know....

Dreaminginlilies said...

Ahhhhh, yes, The Wednesday. i suffer from this too. I have no idea where it comes from...what is it the really sets me off. On these days, honestly, it would be best for me to hide until the grey cloud has passed, but unfortunately that is not possible with three children and a husband to care for. On those days it is like I am watching myself...it is almost like I am not really able to control what is happening.....that is the worst....when you know you are acting this way and cannot for the life of you stop. blech.

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller