I was thinking the other day... yes, I do think from time to time! Anyhoo - I grew up in the 70's/80's and I was thinking about the styles back then. I also began to feel the burning of the cheeks of my shame in some of the outfits I wore. SO - as I share my faux pas of the years gone by, what are some of yours?
2nd grade: Mom MADE me wear these ghastly red/green plaid WOOL pants. Oh, the itchies were horrible!
7th grade: Getting together with my girlfriends, we all wore the same button down dresses (that looked like a regular guy's shirt except went past below the knee.) We teased our bangs, put tons of make-up on and wore dirty old Keds. We thought we were HOT.
10th grade: Wearing pink, cabled, stirrup pants. But they were too long so the stirrup part just hung over the sides of my sneakers. Good grief.
11th grade: Tried to plaster my hair down smooth for school pics. Only to find out a month later 1) that look just ain't good and 2) had little "wings" sticking out all over.
No comments:
Post a Comment