It has been a week since I've come back home from SLC. What was I doing there? I was meeting fellow administrators from an LDS Moms forum! Yep - I met women from online! lol! And you know what else? I had a good time!
But let me give you the highlights!
*Everything is FLAT. I don't know why I forget this as it's not the first time I've flown out east. Probably just block it out of my mind as I live in the most beautiful, green place in the world! You know, the suburbs of Seattle! lol!
*Met HRH and she just totally rocks. We connected and had the greatest time signing with each other, watching Food Network, chatting. I think my most memorable moments with her are when she tried teaching me how to crochet a hat... it ended up with how NOT to do it. We were both so tired that it was kind of a lost cause. Also, when I told her the story of a broken windshield wiper motor. (HRH? Smiling yet?) She almost drove off the road with laughing hysterically at my story. ALSO - she has the most ah-dorable baby girl ever! I'm now her adopted aunt. Her favorite Aunt Sara. :)
*ALLERGIES. Whoa. Sorry HRH for that. I should have popped benadryl the 1st night, eh? See, another reason for you to come visit. You won't have to suffer listening to me wheeze, sniffle & cough all night due to hayfever.
*Saw a "Mama-Certified" sign. For what, I have no clue but I just really liked "Mama-Certified." I think I will put that on a label of all the baby blankets I crochet.
*We saw a drug deal go down. The grandma of the group we were with, ran into the lobby of the hotel. The concierge just told her it was probably a resident? Uh... no. Anyway - - I have two pictures of the dude on my camera and don't know what to do with them. I may just keep them because it kind of gave me a little rush doing "undercover" work. Silly.
*We visited the Conference Center and I felt totally irreverent in my flip-flops. Ah well. Anyway, regardless of wearing flip-flops, I managed to have a pretty spiritual experience there.
*The flight home was weird. I was by the window and the guy in the middle seat took off his shoes, pulled his socks off his toes, jutted his elbows out, banged on the armrest between us, banged his seat back and finally chilled out. Then he ordered a bloody mary. Neat. I hate the smell of alcohol, tomato juice and that was just the icing on the cake after noticing his feet didn't smell so.... fresh. ICK.
Have you ever met somebody that you met online?
6 comments:
Yeah, I've met someone in person that I first met online. It was a cousin of my grandfather who was researching the same family history that I was. I also met another genealogist who was much more distantly related. The first cousin was a terrible experience (huge personality clash). The second relative was a very nice old man. We had a nice chat. I have a 3rd cousin in CO that I've been chatting with for a couple of years. I'd LOVE to meet her! We've become very good friends.
HOLY COW, SARAH!!!!! You came to Utah and I didn't get to see you?!?! I am totally bummed! I am glad you had a great time, though. Just make sure to call me next time you are here! (801 362 6895)
Oh, yeah, and my younger sister, Kirsten, met HER HUSBAND online! He was in New Zealand, she was in Utah! All I can say is WOW!
I've met one fellow blogger, and of course, I met my husband online. ;-) So it's not ALL bad - haha!
I'm so glad you and HRH had a fun, enjoyable time.
Sorry about that dude on the airplane, though. I would've been hatin' it if it were me. :-S
I'm glad you had fun!:D Utah is flat? Hmmm, not where I live. I will agree that it's brown. Oh, I miss Seattle suburban green. Wow, a drug deal go down?! You must have had one great time. Hugs!:D
I had the most awesomest time with you, too! Glad you got the hat thing figured out - I did, too. :D
I think you should email those photos to SLC PD in case they need more ammo, er, evidence.
Sucks about your flight home. But at least we made it to the airport on time and you got your flight. I would've said something to the guy, but that's just me. Maybe I would've taken off my shoes, too, to drive the point home that it is just NASTY.
Can't wait for you to post again!
Post a Comment