Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Some thoughts...

Why do criminals (and I'm talking about comic book criminals) always steal stuff, like gold... to pay for this elaborate death/shrink/whatever ray-machine-thingy? I don't get it. Why not just steal the equipment you need instead?

Quilting class is fun. It only meets once a month so I'm kind of bummed about that. Anyway - never having quilted before, I decided to do this class and what do you know? It's all about applique! Yikes! Ah well. It's fun and I can't decide if it's being with other ladies and just gabbing or if learning a new skill is more fun. It's pretty close I would have to say. MEANWHILE... I have been checking out quilting books from the library and MAN they weigh a ton! But I so love looking at all the quilts! So beautiful! After reading and studying different patterns, I settled on one. And promptly changed the design. LOL! We'll see how it works out. So far, I've got 6 blocks and have discovered that I need to add additional pieces to make it come out even. I'm having fun with it and that's the most important thing.

There have been wayyy too many health crises in the family lately. From seizures, hemorrhaging, giving birth, surgery, to anxiety attacks. GOOD GRIEF! I'm happy to say that everything has calmed down for the most part. Everyone is safe. Everyone is on the road to better health. I am a firm believer in prayer & the exercising of one's faith that things will TURN OUT ALRIGHT.

If you should ever make me a smoothie, please don't put banana in it. Don't get me wrong, I like bananas. Just not in drinks. Ew.

I love Dean Martin. Play me some of his tunes and I'm in heaven.

NEXT week, I'm going to meet some cool chicks that I met in a web-forum. They have become some of my best friends and I'm just thrilled that we're meeting and having a Girl's Weekend! But, I'm kind of nervous. What if they think I'm a complete dithering idiot? Seriously, I'm scared.

I hate that I can't download photos or do a search for images to supplement my posts. Buying a new computer just isn't in the picture... so if anyone knows of a giveaway? It would be lovely.

I am done with this post. A bit boring, eh? If I had a new computer where I could spend hours... ;-)

4 comments:

Julie@My5monkeys said...

i have some books. have fun with the girls.

Lisa said...

Well, even though I won't be there, I'm sure no one's going to think you're dumb! You're terrific and I hope you all have a blast!

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

I promise if I ever make, or buy, you a smoothie, it will NOT have bananas. Love ya!:D

Her Royal Highness said...

I make KILLER smoothies - some are banana-free, too! Maybe I'll make you one on Thursday!
I am SOOOO excited to meet you. But you know that! And even if you WERE a dithering idiot (which you SO are NOT), I wouldn't tell you that. I am just so excited to pick you up at the airport and have a road trip with you!!! YESSSSS!!!
Wish I could help you out on the computer-thing. Sucks.

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller