Hello there... here's another bit of randomness. You don't mind, do you?
Today I was told by some people that I looked GREAT and was asked my secret for losing weight. Well, you all know about my bit of having a properly fitted bra. The other part? You know, besides ACTUALLY LOSING WEIGHT? It's straightening your hair. You laugh but I think there's something to it really. I typically wear my hair curly - not by choice. It's a hit-or-miss thing with that, it's either really cute or it's really frizzy. And more the latter than the former. Anyway - - - I straightened my hair this morning. Hm. Does having straightened hair really help lose those few pounds? Perhaps I'm being silly... but I can't help think....
Anyhoo, moving on. I was not the best example tonight... We were gathered together to hear the kids' prayers and also to have family prayer. Well, Little Man decided to be goofy and Boo isn't helping with making funny faces & talking silly. We had Little Man start his prayer but he said it in SUCH an irreverent way... think Popeye on helium and you'll get the picture. I scolded him and told him that we need to use quiet voices and be respectful and all that. He sobered up for a moment and then catching his sister's eye, he giggles his way through his prayer. *sigh* then it's time for Boo's prayer. What happens? I GET THE GIGGLES! ME. MOM. MOM WHO TOLD OFF LITTLE MAN FOR BEING IRREVERENT! Oh my goodness. I couldn't stop! We all started giggling and I'm quite sure there were a few snorts throw in for good measure. Every time we'd get ourselves quieted down and Boo starts her prayer - I BUST UP AGAIN! WHAT?! It got so bad that my tummy-muscles were hurting and I was having a hard time getting enough breath in, ohhhh man. We finally managed to quiet down by Hero having Little Man turned around so he wouldn't see his sister and me.... by plugging my ear so I wouldn't hear anything. Silly, huh? Of course, then I was asked to say family prayers and got all weepy in it. What's that song? "What goes up... must come down. Spinning wheels... lalallal - whatever." Yikes. (My mood swings the past two days have been sky-high or chasm-deep. And guess why? Because I ate fast-food. Why is it so easy to forget? It not only makes me feel bleh, it also wreaks havoc with my emotions. Stupid fast-food. Anyways, prayers tonight were good. :)
One last thing. You know what I'm looking forward to in the month of May? MEETING some of my blogging buddies! Yep, we've arranged a meeting spot (out of state! lol!) and are hooking up for the weekend. I am SO EXCITED! We're going to have a blast, I just know it!
Alright then, that's all for now. Do enjoy your week!
Ta!
4 comments:
We have giggly prayers over here at times too. And you know what? I don't think Heavenly Father minds. :)
Thanks for much for stopping by my blog and leaving your encouraging comment. I really appreciate it.
I remember giggling during prayers. I agree with the earlier comment; I don't think Heavenly Father minds.
We have giggly prayers from time to time, too. It's times like that when I remember Heavenly Father has a sense of humor.
I am SOOOOOO looking forward to 2 weeks from now. TWO WEEKS!!!!! YESSSSS!
It's good to see things are going well for you!
In order for us to be able to view EACH OTHERS blog, I am making my blog public for a limited time...I will add a post where you can give me your email so I can add you as a reader when my blog is no longer public! I hope to hear more from you! =0)
Thanks, Sara Anderson
Post a Comment