Friday, April 10, 2009

Another random thought post... c'mon, you love them. Right? Please say yes...

You know, I want to host another giveaway... host another swap. In fact, I thought of a fabulous swap & my baby sis agrees it would be fabulous! But I realize that it's probably not a good time and not just because we're in a recession. Rather, my postings have been far too random and widely spaced apart. Probably to the point that I don't have the readership I used to have... (I checked my sitemeter - it's true. *sigh*) Which means, I wouldn't get to the level of participation as I have with previous giveaways/swaps. Please help. How you may ask? I don't know exactly. You could refer others to this blog but I need to jazz it up some, don't you think? Or you could tell me what you think I should blog about. Hm. I don't know....

I'm supposed to be making orange rolls (think - cinnamon rolls but orange instead.) I'm supposed to be making them for the stake women's conference tomorrow morning. I'm supposed to be doing that because they asked my ward to do so. So what am I doing? BLOGGING! But guess what? Hero is making them for me. RIGHT NOW he's in the kitchen rolling lovely crescent rolls of orangey-goodness in them. YUM. Why is he doing it instead of me? I don't know... other than I suspect he loves me madly and wanted me to enjoy an evening of FB-ing, CM-ing and blogging as I haven't been able to do so in quite some time. I suspect... and so I shall ask.

"Hero? Why are you making the rolls for me?"
"Because I know it would relieve the stress from you... and... are you interviewing me?"
"Yes."
"Oh. It's because I thought it would be a nice thing to do for you."
"Uh - could you tell me that last part you just said?"
"Um... because it would be a nice thing to do for you. And because I've got skillz." (emphasis on the z.)

Yep. Hero loves sariqd.

I had a stressful evening. No, nothing happened per se. I found a lovely girl's desk on craigslist that I wanted to buy for Boo's birthday that's coming up. We made arrangements and Hero had to drive off to Mulkiteo to pay & pick. WELL. I didn't think it would take him so long. He came home early from work... but then he had a chiropractor appointment. Hm. Well, it still gives us an hour before I have to head to the next town to help set up tables for the aforesaid conference. PLUS, it was our date night. We planned on dropping the kids off at the sitter's and then heading out, set up tables and then enjoy an hour or so on a date... or at least enjoying just being together without kids. WELL. It got to be 5:30pm. Where was he? He was still out there. 6pm comes and where was he? He was just getting to his parents' house dropping off the desk to store at their place. 6:30 - he's still not home and I'm stressed to the max. I do NOT like to be late for anything. Even the dentist. It stresses me out to no end and I start getting really snippy to those around me. I was supposed to be at the stake center at 6pm!!! The lady in charge calls me at 6:40 and asked where I was. I told her I was stuck and had been calling her but for some odd reason, the line kept going dead on me. Just then Hero drives up. I tell her we're hopping in the car and heading out if she still needed us. YES - she said.... we get on the freeway (not 5 minutes!) and she calls me back and tells me in a really long-winded way that we weren't needed after all. Other people had shown up and it's okay. NICE. Grrr. I'm not out of sorts with her... but, couldn't she have told me that 5 minutes ago when she was talking to me originally? Good grief.

I need to change topics here because I've got a LOT of gripes about this conference too - with it being on Easter weekend.... (you too Rosanna?) ANYWAY - I'll stop.

My neighbor is having her 2nd baby in about 3 weeks... give or take. Her 1st child is the same age as Boo - which is 6-7ish. I feel badly for her as she doesn't have many friends... and she's doing all the preparation (i.e. buying crib, bedding, bassinette) by herself. I'm making her a couple of flannel receiving blankets and am on the hunt for onesies on sale (you can never have too many onesies!) I just keep being reminded how blessed I am to have an instant "sisterhood" in my church. Dinners being brought in, laundry done, kids tended too - we've really got something good going on here! Yet for her, she doesn't understand that kind of thing. It makes me sad. Wish we could all somehow just *poof!* gather together and form a gentle posse around her. I know she would love having "sisters" gathering her in and supporting her and - why not, giving her sweet little things for her new soon-to-be-born daughter.

I see the batteries are about to run out on this computer so I'll end this. Please keep coming back. I miss reading your comments.

4 comments:

Lisa Merkley said...

Great orange rolls. Mmm. Loved 'em.

And seriously. Why didn't you tell me you didn't have a car to bring them in? I would have come and picked them up. I have extra seats built into my van. Yeah. I'm cool like that.

Next time I'll come get Boo and Little Man if I have to.

Her Royal Highness said...

Nice randomness! I'm gld your orange rolls were wonderful. I love 'em!
You should gather some of your peeps out there around your neighbor and have a little soire for her. I would come!
Now that I know you'll be posting more, I'll be sure to check back more frequently. Glad to see you back!!!

Kate said...

I've missed you on blogspot, I'm not very good at the facebook thing! Sorry you are having a stressful Easter weekend, but enjoy all the traditions while the kids are still young! This will be the first year we don't decorate eggs and hide them. The kids are no longer interested in that ... though they are still excited for Easter baskets!

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

I will always keep coming back. What a sweet husband you have to make orange rolls for you. I love them-the orange rolls!
I think you should still do a swap, I loved last years, and whoever signs up, then they get to play and those who don't-loose out!:)
I'm sorry for the stressful weekend. I hope you had lots of fun with your kids and Easter. I hope all goes well for your neighbor-friend. I can't imagine not having the RS sisters to rely on when I have a baby (yay for them when the baby comes!) Lots of hugs!:)

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller