Sunday, April 12, 2009

For Just One Week...

*I'm going to read to Little Man every day. He goes to our cabinet and pulls out books and sits there and stares at the pictures for a long time. He also will bring one up and ask me to read to him. When I'm pressed for time (or quite frankly, don't want to) I'll say, "You can read it!" To which he replies, "Nooo! I can't read!" SO - I need to change my attitude because you know what? I'm always going to be tired so I just need to be happy-tired. Or you know - deliriously happy tired.

*I'm going to work on being artsy every day. Whether it's painting, quilting, sewing, photography - just something that produces beauty.

*Plan a dinner menu for the next week and only go to the store ONCE this week. I hate it when I do dinner on the fly. It ends up with the same, "What do you want for dinner?" "I dunno, what do you want?" UGH! I used to be really good with planning and only grocery shopping 2 times a month. But lately, it seems like I'm going every day!!! NOT good.

*Spend 1-on-1 time with Boo. She's having a hard time lately and could use some fun & also quiet times with Mom. I forget to do that because we always have something to do, someplace to go and you know - life is just too short to always be rushing around.

That's it for me! :) What will YOU be working on for JUST ONE WEEK?

5 comments:

Ice Cream said...

I'm so glad you are playing along this week. I hope you post about the artsy things you will be doing.

Julie@My5monkeys said...

sounds like fun doing all that stuff.

Kate said...

Enjoy every moment reading to your little man! Pull him up in you lap and cuddle him while you do. All too soon he will be too big for both!

This week is Spring break for us, so I plan to work out every day to rebuild the habit, finish painting the basement, and work on the portrait of Helena. Oh, and, of course, spend as much time with my kids as possible!

Her Royal Highness said...

GREAT list!
I pulled out "Where the Sidewalk Ends" yesterday afternoon and read funny poems to the kids for about an hour! It was bliss. I need to do that more.
This week I plan on reading my scriptures more. And reconnecting with Popeye.

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

I love your list. Sometimes I am too tired to read to my kids, but I just do it. Half the time the book is over before I remember what it was that we were reading. At least they are happy they were read to.
This week is spring break so I am going to try and spend more quality time with my boys.:)

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller