Here's an update on what's up here in AZ.
My new ward? AWESOME. The first Sunday we were there:
- I was invited to join some ladies for aerobics 3x week and they have kids the same age as my youngest to play with while we sweat it out.
- Playdates were set up for my boys.
- A sister brought her daughters over and brought us Valentine cookies.
- We met two families in our ward that LIVE ON OUR STREET!
- Another sister drove to our house and introduced herself to our daughter as the Activity Day leader.
- Hero made a lifelong friend. (Story for later.)
My house is slowly coming together. Boxes are getting flattened and recycled. I'm still finding things that I wish I hadn't bothered with bringing along. Anyway. I'm finding though, that I wish I had my sisters here to come and see my new home. They always give me the validation I need. That it feels homey and it's also pretty. Guess I just have to find that darn camera cord and get validation that way!
I've got a doozy of a migraine today but I kept on truckin'. Hung curtains, cleaned house, ran errands, took care of the family. And now, I think I'm going to try and see if ice-cream will help this head of mine. (Don't laugh, it really does work! Sometimes. haha)
And wow. My posts are so shallow lately. That's okay but not okay. Soon, soon I'll put something of substance here.
Meanwhile... carry on.
6 comments:
If this were a facebook post I'd click "Like" about a bazillion times! Glad you're liking the change. You needed it!
sounds like an awesome ward and glad that everyone is so friendly :) May if my dh ever comes there I can say hi
I love your post. It makes me so happy that you have a great ward. I feel that way every time I visit my in-laws and go to their ward. I can't wait to see pictures. Hugs!
I, too, want to hit a "Like" button! I also don't think this post is shallow. I can feel your happiness coming through every word, and that is very deep! Love ya, girlfriend!
I can't wait for pics! Hope you find that darn cord soon. :) And hey, these posts are shallow. You're sharing your life. We all enjoy a peek. Love you Fluf!
AWESOME!!!! I'm so glad your new ward rocks!!!
I can't wait to see pics of your new digs. You better post pics of those shoes, too. I have GOT to see those! I know I'll be jealous. I'm thinking that might be a good birthday present for me - red, patent leather heels. Oooh la la!
glad you're happy!
Post a Comment