Important life lessons.
With my kids starting at a new school (which I LOVE by the way), I thought it important that I instill important life lessons to them to help them through the day. Little ones that really just STICK.
Lesson # 1: Don't juggle knives. Seriously - it's just not a good idea. Ever.
Lesson #2: Don't feed the lions. Yes, it's tempting but we don't want them to get comfty with humans.
Lesson #3: Don't eat yellow snow. Yes, it hardly (never) snows where we now live but it never hurts to be prepared.
Lesson #4: Never smile at a crocodile. they might think you're trying to out do them in the smiling department. They always win and should win with the amount of teeth they have. Just best to keep moving along.
I've found that as I dictate the lesson of the day to them, they get smiles on their faces as they wonder what the heck their momma is being so silly for. Then as I drop them off at school, I call out, "What's the lesson for the day?" And they shout it out and then they walk into school with huge grins.
Brilliant.
3 comments:
I love it! What a fun mom you are!
Holy cow, Sara! You are the coolest mom, EVER!
Love this idea! What a wonderful momma you are to those three cuties!
Post a Comment