Music is a passion of mine. My brother has a particular Chopin piece that he plays that can make me feel is representative of me transforming from a weighed-down person filled with angst to casting off the shackles and becoming oh so beautiful and light in spirit. Becoming what Heavenly Father intends for me to become. Etude # 3 opus 25 in E Major by Chopin. I keep pushing for my brudda to record it but... hasn't happened yet. Some day. SOME day.
What piece of music transforms you? Takes you away from the dustiness of life? Why does that particular piece do so? (It doesn't even have to be a classical piece!)
The following video... well, watch it.
I came across this in another blog and it was both moving and humbling. My daughter is studying the violin and the finances right now only allow us to rent a violin. Which is fine. However, there was a bit in me that sighed when I saw how beat-up the rental was. I didn't say anything to Boo, which I'm especially glad so now after having seen how these people are recycling other people's trash into the instruments of music that can change one's life. Music is MUSIC, people! Music has the incredible ability to transport us into a different way of thinking, of living, of being. So regardless of Boo's beat-up violin, I am grateful for the music she creates with it.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment