Well... my husband lost his job yesterday.
We have 2 weeks left on our health insurance.
We can't file for unemployment or state benefits until 30 days are up.
While I'm a little freaked about everything, what really hurts is seeing my husband hurt.
He feels like a failure because he's unable to (in his mind) support his family.
He so isn't. But it's hard to make someone see that when they're in the midst of grief.
Father's Day is coming up and the kids and I are focusing on what makes him a 'hero' because that is what he is to our family.
I'll keep you posted as to how the day turns out. Hopefully it'll be a success. :)
3 comments:
We went through this last Summer:( It is so hard! Let me know if you need to talk.
So sorry to hear about his job! It's funny how men take that attitude about it, isn't it? I look forward to hearing about his Hero Day.
Oh, I'm so sorry!!! I'll be praying that a new job opens up quickly for him. Hugs from afar!
Post a Comment