Monday, August 18, 2008

OCEAN SHORES, WA
When I was walking along the beach, I came upon this chicken leg mold. Seriously. So - what's a girl to do? I made a chicken leg mold.






I found this too and immediately the song popped into my head, "You may be my lucky star! But I'm the luckiest by far!" Er... not knowing how that earring was lost, I better just be quiet. *blushes*




This was found on a log... and seriously grodied me out. I just had to share with you all. I can't figure out what they are though. The insides of barnacles minus the volcanic shells? Hero talked with a senor who said he thought they were clams. I don't think so. What grodied me out even more was when we were back at our van, I happened to turn around and I saw this senor plucking them and putting them in his pocket, furtively looking around to see if anybody was watching him. Gross.


Speaking of which....
it was pretty cool to see a fleet of pelicans flying pretty close to us. There were about 20-30 in all.




Lemon Custard ice-cream. Happy times. Happy times. Hero even managed to keep it frozen on our 3 hour drive home yesterday!!! :)

Beautiful moment...


9 comments:

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

OH how much I miss Washington. I hope you had fun. It looks like it. Minus the grodie.:O) I love the matching tatoos. Too cute!

Lisa Merkley said...

You always take such great pictures. Hope you had a fab time!

Charlotte said...

Great pics! Sounds like a fun vacay. I'm dying about the chicken leg mold though. Who makes that? Who buys that??

Julie@My5monkeys said...

beautiful...I should visit you along with my sister just see those beaches.

Ally said...

Such beautiful pictures! You always have the best pictures on your blog - I love it. ;-)

Sounds like it was a nice time, I'm so glad to hear.

Her Royal Highness said...

You should sell your chicken leg mold on ebay. I'll bet someone would buy it!
And I think those are clams. Sorry it grodied you out.
Your vacation sounds so wonderful. Glad you're back.

Melissa said...

The beaches in Oregon and Washington are so amazing. I miss them! Looks like a fun trip :)

HiHoRosie said...

Great trip! I esp love the pelican pic and the last one.

Ice Cream said...

Going to the beach is all abut treasure hunting, and you made out like a bandit.

Oh, and I love your matching tats. =)

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller