Saturday, March 28, 2009

Holey schmoley... have I MISSED blogging! Even having been without a computer for a hundred years, I still find myself thinking, "Ooh! I should blog about that! Ooh! THAT is blog-worthy!" etc. AND etc. And as always is the case, I can't think of anything to blog about once I'm here. SO - let's just jump into my brain and see what random thoughts pop out...........

Something I think would be REALLY cool, like... hep to the jive? Huh? Anyway, as I was saying - what would be super cool is having an exercise video that had dance scenes from various musicals. C'mon - think about it! you could do the doo-wop-be-bop scene at the end of Grease! Or you know... um. Other... dance... scenes from other musicals that I'm too tired to think of at the moment. (Lame.) I would totally have a blast with that! Especially with Charlotte. It's totally okay if you happen to pee from laughing so hard. She's cool like that.

I lost my contact in the library. You know, my CONTACT that I need to see out of? Yeah. I was picking up my books on hold and happened to rub my eye and poof! GONE! ARGH! I had to walk around the library with one eye squinched (like my new word?) because I was DETERMINED to stay away from home for at least 15 minutes, WITHOUT KIDS. It was REAL fun to drive home.... At least my glasses aren't too bad - looking, that is. (ha.) Hopefully I'll get an appointment next week to order new contacts.

What else is in my brain? I'm helping the stake Relief Society put on a brunch for the Women's Conference in April. I'm nervous about it as the food committee keeps emailing me and calling me and asking me for advice. Granted, I know how to cater and throw parties, but I feel like a fraud. Like I really don't have a clue about what I'm doing and they're going to find it out and that will be the end of it all. Yeah - that's a insecurity factor I need to work on.

MEANWHILE, I do get to do something FUN and that is to cater my niece's wedding reception! YEAH! Woot! Woot! I'm excited about that - and it's just all going to be lovely. The wedding, the reception - all of it! And my niece was so cute, she came over to specifically ask Boo to be her flower-girl. Boo is super-excited and she is going to be wearing the cutest dress! I only hope it still fits her... she's at such an awkward size now. Tall enough for 7/8 but thin enough that they fall off her shoulders & hips. Eek! I better cross my fingers!

I took my camera to Ocean Shores, WA last summer and I don't think my camera recovered. That place has the finest sand I have ever felt in my life. I was so careful with my camera but somehow, I think sand got into the mechanism that moves the lens as it goes, "brrrrrrrrr" really slow. Santa? Are you reading this? I could really use a lovely Pentax or Nikon camera....

Peeps - I need to sign off for now. Do enjoy the week!

1 comment:

Rock, Paper, Scissors said...

Bummer about your contact. I know that feeling when you finally excape the house kid free but the fun seems like it is over before it even starts.

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller