Friday, September 25, 2009

Mesa Falls in Idaho
July 2009
Do you find that you need to escape to the wild outdoors to just center yourself? I do. Yet, I am so exhausted these days from the combined effects of insomnia & pregnancy, that I can barely muster myself to get dressed, let alone getting in the car and driving somewhere! So, I've put the picture up above and am staring at it... Remembering all the stairs down to the view-deck. The feel of the sun beating down and the wind rushing about. The sound of the waves crashing. The clean smells of earth.
I'm also remembering that the kids were a little out of sorts due to the heat but how all of that crankiness disappeared as they stood in awe of the falls.
*deep breath*

You know, that helped.

No comments:

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller