Things I've learned thus far in my pregnancy...
1. Either people tell you crazy horror stories with LOTS of details or they keep completely mum about it and pretend that it's all a walk in the park and it's all about immaculate conception.
2. My sister-in-law Heidikins wasn't lying when she said that no matter how early you stop drinking water, you'll still be up all night going potty.
3. There's no such thing as keeping things "in the family." 7 year old kids just do not get that concept.
4. Women have herculean muscles (mental & physical) to deal with all the changes of being pregnant!
5. It's hard convincing people that one does NOT have a cold. Just nasal congestion from
being pregnant. There's almost no relief from it. (The congestion that is... although, the people sometimes too! lol)
6. Crying over the smallest thing is just a fact of life right now and all the people in my life need to get that.
7. Coming up with baby names is hard when one's partner would rather just wait until they find out the sex of the baby.
8. If something sounds good - that will be pretty much the only thing I'll eat for a few days. After which I'll be so grossed out by it that we can't have that particular food item in the house ever again. (Case in point, when I was in Yellowstone for a family reunion, the only thing I could eat was my SIL's Chicken Enchiladas. We got home from vacation, Hero went out and bought the ingredients and I promptly told him that we'll never eat that dish again. So, it's in our food storage. Oh dear... it's making me gag thinking about it. OKAY!)
9. Leftover food on dishes left in the sink is the worst thing EVER.
10. But... all in all, it's really quite lovely being pregnant.
Now for a little funny story. My family and I were at stake conference this past Sunday. At one point, Hero mouths to me a name for a baby. You all know that I'm hard-of-hearing so I lipread. This is what I saw... "Player. P-L-A-Y-E-R" I looked at him in horror and whispered back, "For a boy? For a girl? Are you NUTS?!" He looked at me with such confusion that he repeated it. I was getting mad - "NO!" and gave him a very mean look. "You want our kid to be called PLAYER? Are you KIDDING ME?" He looked stunned and quickly dropped the conversation.... and then I literally saw it dawn on him - he turned to me and said, "Player? NO! Blair!!!"
"Oh."
"Blair."
"Huh. Maybe..." said in a nonchalant air.
And, we can't have Blair because it makes me think of that old 80's show with Trixie, Natalie, Jo & Blair. What's the name of it?
:) Enjoy the day!
5 comments:
I liked being pregnant when I was really showing. I heard lots of "Let me get that door for you!" and "Here, take MY seat" and, of course the excuse to eat extra because I was "eating for two." My husband was great at late night ice cream runs. Not so much anymore. Enjoy it while it lasts!
Player! Ha ha ha that is SUCH a funny story! I think Parks and I have decided on the name Paxton..... we dig it.
LOL!!! The best thing about being pregnant is that it only lasts 9 months and then this fabulous amnesia sets in so you forget the horrible parts... until someone else tells you they are expecting! Then it is a share fest of all the horrid, nastiness that we have all blissfully forgotten! That is, unless she (the new mom) is really a NEW MOM (meaning first time initiate to giving birth). Then we try to only share the stuff that won't scare her out of her wits! After all, the only way out of this situation is through it, no point freaking out about stuff that probably won't be your experience anyway.
Call me sometime soon, Sara and I'll give you the best advise my mid wife ever gave me about giving birth!!! 801 362 6895 Doctors don't give this jewel and it is a must have!
'The Facts of Life'.
Player - that's funny. But there's nothing like a weird association with a name to throw it out!
You know I'm a plethora of information - ask away. :D
I love the list. Everything on there is so true. I'm an information bank-if you ask. I like to share my stories with anyone, but not freak them-at least I hope not-so like HRH ask away.:) Player, too funny, sounds like something that would happen to me.
Post a Comment