Sunday, September 27, 2009

Yesterday was CRAZY busy! And I didn't want to be part of it all... but am so thankful I was.

2pm Baby Shower - HAD to attend. The mother-to-be is my Visiting Teachee and this is her first child. And my friend Rosanna begged a ride.
5pm RS Broadcast - REALLY did not want to go but my friend Rosanna begged for me to go.
7:30pm-ish GNO - NEEDED to come but was ohhh so tired. And Rosanna begged for me to go... again.

Typically, on weekends I just stay hunkered in my home. I literally will not leave the house from Friday afternoon until Sunday morning when we leave for church. Why? I don't know... as it really does not work in my favor. More specifically, does not work in favor of having good mental/emotional health. Why do I keep doing it if it's not good for me? I don't know. Guess it's just a vicious cycle really.

Saturday came along and I started fishing for ways out of the last two activities. I was tired. I didn't want to be away from my family. I didn't want Hero to have to deal with the kids all day. I was tired. Blah, blah, blah. Thankfully, Hero was in such a positive, helpful mood. (Not that that's a rare thing! lol) He was encouraging and reassured me over and over and over that I needed to go and it would be good for me and the kids would be fine.

THEN there was my friend Rosanna. I can't remember at the moment how we came to be friends, but we did meet in Relief Society... Oh yes, I remember. I was the substitute RS pianist and she was the chorister. Anyway. She called me up and we agreed to carpool to the baby shower. I always like being with her. She's funny and if you really get her going, she'll cry while laughing. Truly the best way to laugh. :) She asked if I was going to the broadcast. "Um, we'll see." She kept on it but nicely. Then started in on asking if I was going to Lisa's GNO. "Um, we'll see."

In the end, I went to everything. All because of Rosanna. I had the nicest time being with the other sisters and just relaxing. And even though I was thoroughly exhausted by the end of it all, I'm glad I stuck it all out.

Thanks Rosanna. You rock.

3 comments:

Lisa Merkley said...

I'm glad you stuck it all out, too. :)

Rosanna said...

You are such a sweetheart sara! I am glad that you stuck it out and I really did enjoy hanging out.

Steph said...

I agree: Rosanna rocks.

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller