Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I'm realizing something today... Apparently I'm harboring junior high feelings of jealousy & insecurity. Silly, innit? Afterall, I'm 40. Should be all growed up and all.

But I'm not.

Need to work on that.

On a MUCH lighter note. I've painted our living room a light blue. We've got a new desk & entertainment center in there, a beautiful high-pile rug (orange, purple, cranberry) and now I'm working on 1) finding fabric to cover the pillows on the couch, 2) art project to hang up and 3) finishing touches on a new open-back bookcase. I'm really enjoying this transformation of our home. Julie Beck, Relief Society President for the LDS church stated that "Your home should rise up and greet you." I am a firm believer in that and it's so wonderful to finally be able to do that!

I'll post pictures later this week. No before shots. I hated it and it's totally okay that you won't get to see it what it was like before. :)

5 comments:

Her Royal Highness said...

YAY!!! I can't wait to see pics!
As for artwork - why not have your kids do it in the colors that you want - on some canvas and then frame it. Or something.
I can't wait to do the same thing.

Lisa Merkley said...

Can't wait to see pics. Painting is one of the cheapest ways to totally change the room. Well, that and rearranging furniture, but in a small place, there are only so many ways it can all fit!

Melissa said...

Who doesn't have those junior high moments?? I do stuff like that from time to time...

Looking forward to photos of you room - it sounds awesome!!

Okay Stacey said...

Very cool sis! I'm totally jonesin' to do the same, but being in a rental and hoping to move next summer, I just can't see puttin' the moolah into it. :)

Steph said...

Looking forward to the photos of your room.
I think we all feel insecure and jealous at times. And it DOES feel very junior high, doesn't it? But you have something junior high students don't have: perspective. You can see it in yourself and change course.

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller