Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Christmas is coming! Christmas is coming! What? I skipped over Thanksgiving? Well, yeah BUT I want to give you the opportunity to create some awesome Christmas memories!

Go here for what we did last year. I am so PSYCHED for this year's as Hero and I have already started planning & conniving! Er, not conniving in a devious way... Rather, we've been um... conniving. Ah! Anyway, if you'd like a list of things we did, lemme know. I think I've got the docs saved somewhere.

We've also decided that we're not doing presents for each other. Besides the stockings, of course. We're going to do the Christmas Ornaments. I tried to find the post that I thought I had written about it... but then I got caught up in reading my old posts. Ah well. So let me tell you what we did. I did this for Hero one year and as I said, we're going to do it again this year. I bought pretty glass ornaments - 12. And filled them with little scraps of paper that had either an act of service or a little note to redeem a small gift. The rule was, he had to fish out the paper without breaking the ornament. If he broke it, I GOT the service/gift. I hung the ornaments with gold ribbon above our bed and it looked to pretty and festive! Our daughter wanted in on it but um, they were things only for husband & wife. :) Some of the things I put in there were like a foot massage, dinner for two, etc. I know I had some gifts but I can't remember what they were. The two things we learned was that we should open it in the MORNING so I (now we) would have time to prepare for the activity - such as dinner. The other thing was - to make sure all prep was done so there wasn't a mad scramble because I forgot to wrap something or buy something or find a sitter. We're looking forward to this year's... it's such a great way to connect with each other. (Thanks btw - to my SIL Aimee who introduced me to this idea years ago.)

Now, it's time for me to go back to bed. I've been up from 12:45 - 1:30am and 3:30 to 5:30am and if I'm lucky, baby will let me sleep until 7:40am when I need to get the kids ready for school.

3 comments:

Adelina Priddis said...

Fun Stuff! I think we're going to try that activity calendar. We need more family stuff to do.

Her Royal Highness said...

Fun fun!!! I remember you blogging about the ornament idea - maybe last year. I think I'll do that, too. did Hero make some also - or was it just you? I can't remember.
And I think I'll steal your idea for Christmas Tree Inspectors! Classic!

Melissa said...

What fun ideas! I really like the ornament idea - may have to try that out!

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller