Monday, November 01, 2010

Please go here and then come back. I'd like to talk with you...

Have you read it? What do you think, is joy a choice? In thinking about it, I do believe it is. Although for me, it is sometimes rather challenging to find things to be joyful about. Even more so - to just be joyful in spirit. I hate that depression is such a joy-sucker-outer. Stupid depression.

SO! I have come to the decision: That I am going to CHOOSE to be joyful today. Even if I have to fake it until I make it. I'll start by planting a smile on my face. Then I will tell the kids in what specific ways that I enJOY their beings. Then I will straighten up the home as I know it brings Hero joy in not seeing a gazillion toys & shoes all over the place.

Will you join me? They say that joy is contagious....

I'll report tomorrow.

7 comments:

Julie@My5monkeys said...

I know there are times I need to make myself happy.Choosing the JOY in moments.

Tom and Juli said...

hey we're on the same page, I said something very similar to myself this morning "I'm sick of being sad... today I'll be happy". I do this many mornings lately because I can't just count on myself to be happy, I have to expect myself to be happy.

Good luck!!

HiHoRosie said...

I love this Fluf! I'm going to challenge myself with this when I have less than joy-full days or moments.

Packer Family said...

I often fake it till I am actually happy!

Kate said...

I believe this completely! I often tell myself to seek out the joy in the moment... especially when moments are so fleeting! You know that my baby girl will be 17 in less than a month?! AHHHH! I have to savor EVERY second before her childhood is over!

Okay Stacey said...

Remember when we were teenagers and mom would drag me to the bathroom, make me sit in front of the mirror and smile? She would lock me in there and told me I could come out when my smile was "real". :)

Sometimes ya gotta force it...but nothing bad ever comes from being happy.

Love ya sis! Great post!

yardsnacker said...

I took from that read that she was describing a sense of delight and appreciation, attitude for things rather than joy. Her definition seemed very watered down as to what true joy is, in my opinion. Joy to me comes after great struggle. Like the birth of a child, or, overcoming great obstacles, or after a battle is won. Its a feeling that is born out of great trial and faith, anguish even, rather than a set of rose colored glasses that allow us to be cheery and nice. I'm reminded of Galations. Joy, being a fruit of the Spirit can then only be accomplished when principles of the gospel are cultivated and expanded and grown to express joy.

xo love ya sis!

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller