Hello beautiful friends! It's getting to be that time of year! CHRISTMAS! And to help you create some fun memories with your significant other, I present the 12 days (or 25!) of Christmas!
Supplies:
12 (or 25) CHEAP glass ornaments
Christmas lights
Ribbon
To do:
Put a slip of paper in each ornament with a "mini" date idea. Don't kill yourselves with doing anything elaborate. Trust me on this. Christmas season can be a little hectic and you really just want to do things that are simple.
Ideas:
*Massage: back, body, rock, etc.
*Cuddling on couch with Christmas music and hanging out under the mistletoe...
*Spa night - Offer to fill tub with hot water, oil/salts/bubbles. Light some candles, put out some chocolates, even put out some relaxing music.
*Breakfast in bed (Offer for the next Saturday to bring it to him.)
*Truth or Dare - he gets to ask you one question you will answer TRUTHFULLY or he can choose to have an ice-cream sundae. (Make sure to have stuff ready if he chooses the latter.)
*Game night - On a blanket in the living room via candlelight. I'll let you figure out what games you wanna play. :)
* Gift coupons - that he can redeem for a DVD or a cd you've put together of awesome music, or a bag of his favorite candy.
*Service coupon - list 3 chores you will do for him the next day.
*Redeem the slip for a real love letter.
*Dinner for 2 and no utensils.
*Clean out his car.
Get the idea? It really can be anything!
Choose a time of day for him to open the ornament. I found that opening it up in the morning helped with the anticipation & excitement for that evening and also give you time to do any prep work that it might involve. There are two ways you can do this. 1) He gets to open it and if he breaks the ornament (get cheapo ones!!!) then YOU get the gift. 2) You both participate in creating the slips (but not share with the other what they are) and you take turns picking an ornament. Whoever breaks the ornament, gives the slip/gift to the other.
Our bed fits into an alcove in our room. So I hung the ornaments over our bed, each suspended on gold ribbon. (I used gold & red ornaments.) I know of someone else who hung white icicle lights over their headboard & draped it with sheer navy fabric. You really can just do anything and it just makes your bedroom sparkle!
Enjoy!
(You can read about how I've done it before - here.)
(You can also read how we do the 25 days of Christmas with our kids - here.)
3 comments:
Thanks Sara!!!! This is a HUGE help!!!! (And so creative and inexpensive!)
I am going to do this. What a fun gift for my love.
I LOVE IT! I don't think we'll have time for 25, so I'll try 12 days...
Post a Comment