Hero and I went window-shopping the other day for the kids' Christmas gifts. When I asked him what he'd like for Christmas, he said....
"A job."
My heart hurt.
Being unemployed is sucky at best and really sucky at worst.
The only time he's ever been unemployed was when the company he worked for was bought out. He was literally the last employee as the new owners required he shut it down for them. We're talking, we ended up with a lot of office furniture in our home as a way to get rid of it. (They approved!) When that was over, he went right into school for a quarter and got a 4.0 in all of his classes. Then he went back to work.
He's considered going back to school but doesn't feel like it's the right choice right now.
It hurts me to see him feeling stressed about not being able to support his family in the way he'd like. It's a whole different ball game when there are kids that needs to be taken care of.
I don't know what more I can do.
Shipoopie. Shipoopie. Shipoopie.
:(
5 comments:
I'm sorry. I wish I could fix it, too. Hugs and prayers, Sara. I'm so glad you're my friend. Hang in there!
I think you guys should look for a job over here. (wink wink)
But really, HUGS to both of you and know that we care, love, and worry about you guys!
We keep you and Brant in our prayers constantly. I wish I could fix this for you! Loves and hugs sent your way :)
It really sucks for you guys. And by the looks of the comments made it obviously really sucks for your friends, too, who want to help but can't. Know that we all love you (and Brant) and are praying for a quick turn around.
I'm glad you're venting about it, though. It's not good to keep it all inside. Perhaps some nutella is in order?
Sorry Fluf -- thinking of you and Mr. B and praying for you too. Hope good news comes to you soon! <3
Post a Comment