Thursday, January 19, 2012

May I throw myself down on the floor and throw a good ol' tantrum? Uh, why am I asking permission? Just going to do it anyway! Laws almighty! While we are experiencing a snow/ice-storm here in the 'burbs of Seattle, I'm having to deal with: kids with colds/coughs; a kinked-out back that is in sore need of a chiropractor - which I can't get to because everything is closed & roads are treacherous; kids missing even more school; odds & ends to pack that I don't want to pack because I hate packing now; and the crème de la crème? PMS.

Neat.
Awesomely neat.
There's not even chocolate in the house.
Oh wait! I just remembered, we have a brownie mix!
Glory be! I'm saved!
Off to bake!
Wait.
The baking pans are packed.
zammit.
Wait!
I'll go next door and get a pan from my neighbor!
Whew.
That was going to get ugly there for a second.
:)
Carry on.

4 comments:

HiHoRosie said...

Poor thing! The timing of this snow storm is awful but if you weren't moving away you'd find this a real fun time! Maybe? Anyway, sorry it does put a kink in things but hopefully things will start turning around for you, especially once you have brownie in hand. :)

Her Royal Highness said...

Oh glory be! Chocolate and neighbors save the day! Thank heavens or you'd probably be locked in a room quietly mumbling to yourself while huddled and rocking in a corner.
Almost done, Sari, almost done!

Tiffany said...

Heck breaks loose when you're doing something right. Glory be for chocolate! It's the cure-all! You're almost there hun.:)

Kate said...

And, once again, CHOCOLATE saves the day!

:) Looking forward to your southern march! The snowstorm will only emphasize the warmth when you reach it.

Hugs!

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller