Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Oh brother! Why would anyone want to waste their time spewing vitriol and chastising an unknown person? Sad.

Moving on!

Let's change the subject, yes? Something light & fluffy?

I've developed an allergy to paper. Seriously. Well, not a REAL allergy but man o'man! I can't believe how much I've hoarded over the years! Such a sentimental fool, I guess. Especially when it came to my Boo's artwork. I just didn't think to consolidate it or scan it over the years so it got stuffed in all sorts of odd places. Piano bench, pantry, top drawer of my dresser, in the closet, her closet, her dresser. Good GRIEF!  Hero did the GENIUS thing and got bins for each child. It has been fantastic in sorting everything and really figuring out what is worth saving. Of course, Boo has three bins and the boys each only have one... but it's justified by the fact that she's older than them! ;)  I did save all my notes from special friends & my love-letters from my husband. I wonder if there's a service out there that would scan them and turn it into a book? Not a book for the public but wouldn't that be cool for my husband if he got a book of love-letters that I had written him? I suppose I could scan it but that's a lot of time of which is in short supply these days.

Do you hoard paper? Things?

3 comments:

Her Royal Highness said...

I am not a hoarder of papers. Unfortunately for my children, they know to show it to me and then throw it away. Well, not all my children know this yet. But the oldest 2 do. And they're fine with it. Exceptional pieces of artwork are definiteley saved - but those are VERY few and they're on display.
Good for you for getting the stash under control!
And I TOTALLY love the idea of a book of love letters. Popeye emails me more than writes, so I have a file just for his love letters. But I also have a box filled with cards and letters he's given me over the years. I've attempted to type the little note-type ones into Word, but it's slow going. (That darn time thing...)
Hugs!

HiHoRosie said...

ugh, paper. it follows us everywhere doesn't it? it's outta control sometimes. but i hear ya. i need to purge so much. oh and btw, you will inherit more of it when i die one day in 80 years...all those notes and cards you wrote to me! :)

Steph said...

I have a reasonable stash of paper myself. But I scan stuff for a living so starting a project like that at home sounds wearisome. And my home scanner isn't nearly as fast as the scanner I use at work. The book is a neat idea though.

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller