Monday, April 09, 2012

I was set apart yesterday for my new calling in Primary. I am now the teacher for the Valiant 10/11 year olds. I am excited about it! I have always loved teaching and I love teaching the older kids. However, the focus of this post is about the blessing I received from the Bishop of our ward.

In the blessing I was told:
  • I'll be able to make a difference in the lives of these primary children.
  • I'll have the health & strength I need. (three times!)
  • The more service I give, the more balance I'll have in my life.
  • I'll grow closer to my kids.
  • I'll be a better mom to my children.
  • I'll get the direction I need from the Holy Ghost
  • In teaching the primary children, I'll be better able to teach my own children.
My husband just asked where I was documenting this (I had asked his help in remembering what was said in my blessing.) I told him that it was my blog because I wanted to show (after my last depressing post) how very in tune Heavenly Father is with us even though we aren't with Him. There's an epiphany for ya. For me anyway. That when I'm so out of balance, it's related to me being out of tune with Him. By way of slacking on doing things in alignment (a balance word!) with the gospel. Argh. Why is this such a hard lesson to keep in my head? I have to relearn and relearn all the time! I'm just going to have to blame my sieve-like memory due to migraines. No? I can't put the blame there? I have to accept responsibility and try harder? Sigh. Okay. Alright. I accept responsibility and will try to remember and DO the things in accordance to the principals of the gospel. I know it's not hard to do. I just have to be diligent.

I feel comforted in knowing that Heavenly Father DOES answer my prayers. Even when truth be told, I'm not exactly praying to Him for help. Ya, I know.

4 comments:

Julie@My5monkeys said...

Blessing are so imspired and those words are always good to hear that He is listening. Congrats

HiHoRosie said...

What Julie said. What a comfort! I love that He listens to our prayers even when we're not on our knees.

What an exciting new calling!

Her Royal Highness said...

I know exactly how you feel. He does know, even when we don't ask. It makes me feel a little guilty for not asking, but that guilt is quickly replaced by a feeling of Love from above. :)
Glad to see such a happy post from you. You are going to be a wonderful primary teacher! (When does Boo turn 10?)

Tiffany said...

I just read your last post. Isn't it great how Heavenly Father knows exactly what we need and when we need it? Don't feel bad about your depression, I hear you on so many levels. You are going to be a wonderful teacher and those kids are blessed to have you. Love you, my friend.

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller