Monday, May 21, 2012

My husband pulled out this folded sheet of paper and said, "Here. Read it. I found it on the front porch." Ok. I opened it up and this is what I saw.....

Boo*
I have a crush on you.
Michael
And I giggled. Why shouldn't it? It tickled my inner-girl of 10 years old. I asked him if our daughter had seen it and he frowned and replied no. So I gave the note to Boo. She opened it up and immediately said, "Eww!!!" To be clear though... she blushed and she tried valiantly to keep the corners of her mouth from popping up like a jack-in-the-box.


Heh.


Daddy is not too happy about all this.

5 comments:

Lisa Merkley said...

:) Now that just made me smile!

Kate said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! 10 years old, huh? That sounds about right. When H was that age, she came home from school all giggly and bubbly and wanted to tell me something. A boy named Miles had KISSED her after school! Thankfully, I kept my cool and asked for the full story. In a nut shell, his friend dared him (there might have been some crushing going on) & he asked her to meet him after school... then upon meeting, asked permission to kiss her! She gigglingly agreed, if the friend (there for moral support?!?) went around the corner of the school building. The big FIRST KISS was a quick peck on the cheek followed by a hasty retreat. So funny!

Once I knew the scope and innocence of the incident, I was able to prep her for his possible behaviors at school the next day. And tell her it's OK to just say 'NO' in a situation like that if she's uncomfortable.

Fun times raising girls, huh? :D

Tiffany said...

This makes me giggle! It reminds me of the time in 6th grade when a boy called me, I still remember who, and asked if I liked him. To which I replied, "no!"
I love that your hubby is not too happy.:D

Her Royal Highness said...

I'm smiling about this. I've had 2 of my boys do what Michael did. Nothing ever came of it (because of my ever-so-thoughtful parenting skills and guidance). But the crush was always there & the friendships remain. :)

HiHoRosie said...

Hee hee! I heart this so much! So sweet and so cute!

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller