"Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well." ~Vincent Van Gogh~
Saturday, July 07, 2007
You ever have a time when somebody says something to you and it's only 20 minutes later that you come up with a brilliant remark? I HATE THAT! I was at target the other day when an older gentleman (one of those hip, tanned, fit yet older guys, ya know?) had just parked his car across from mine. As we started walking towards the store, there was a young dude walking in front of us. I was looking at my keychain for some odd reason when I heard somebody keep turning their car alarm on. Beep-Beep! Beep-Beep! Beep-Beep! Well, I just kept walking and ignored it. The older man walked up closer to me and said, "I saw you put your car alarm on and so I thought I'd keep doing mine so you'd turn around and just laugh!" I just smiled and said... "Oh." I KNOW! How stupid was that? It was only after he walked in a different direction in the store when I had the thought that I should've said something like, "You know, I thought it was the guy in front of us doing it and boy! What a goober!" Or even better, "You know - I'm deaf, so I guess the joke's on you."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.
Friedrich von Schiller
Friedrich von Schiller
No comments:
Post a Comment