Whatever. I started facebooking. BIG DEAL! Who cares that I spend oodles of time doing searches for long-lost friends. Who cares that I find it easier to facebook rather than narrow my thoughts into something comprehensible to post about.
*sigh*
I do.
SO - here's a post for you to read.
With having no internet for some time, I have been reading up a storm. LOTS of books. The more I read, the faster I read. It's a family trait. What I'm not sure about is... I find myself wishing that I had a narrator just talking about my life. You know what I mean? For example, "There she stands. A confused look on her brow as she contemplates if Chicken a la king should be tonight's meal. Or if perhaps it would be better to just simply serve leftovers. As she stands in front of the refrigerator pondering this dilemma, her head immediately snaps up as she hears a sound she shouldn't be hearing. That of the cat throwing up."
See? That's how I'm thinking these days. It's quite entertaining to be in my head... albeit, perhaps alarming to some degree. Maybe that's something I should've just kept to myself. Hm.
8 comments:
yeah I wonder if there should some one narratring today she is cleaning the house...today is laundry. You get the picture.
Love it. I'm on facebook so you can add me as a friend, if you want. I love the narrating, though I'm glad there is no one doing my brain. It would be full of non speakables.
I'm with Tiffany - my brain would be narrated with unspeakables, as well.
here's one of the speakable ones:
"She secretly wonders what her life would be like had he not survived his illness."
I'm glad to see you post again!
See that's what happened to me. It's so much easier to type in a stupid sentence about what you're doing as opposed to typing up a blurb, preferably with pictures.
Ditto...I feel this way too. Yes unspeakable narration at times but instead of the cat puking, there would be a pause and hear silence and wonder what are my children up to? Usually if there is silence in my head its because i am straining to hear what they're up to.
At last, someone else finally put into words EXACTLY what happens to my thoughts after alot of reading!
I find myself narrating my own thoughts..."She woke to find the day begin as every other day, a list of chores mentally unfurling before her eyes, and without a spark of anticipation or imagination, she slowly exits the bed..."
I am laughing heartily! That is so hillarious because it sounds so perfectly like what goes on in my head. Except today it was the dog throwing up after eating part of a baked potato that my son knocked on the floor... not the cat this time.
Hee hee. Now I want to narrate my life as well.
As she turns her head to look at her sweet child she wrinkles her nose at the scent of baby puke on her shoulder. "Since when did I become a human wash rag?" she asks herself as she she turns to face the computer screen that is her only friend. Mmmm corndogs.
Post a Comment