Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Ahhh... here it is, November. I looked through my posts from October and thought I did pretty well. Not necessarily interesting subjects but I posted almost every day the first half of the month. You see, I was trying to participate in the "Blogtoberfest" - where one blogs every. single. day. I didn't call attention to it because I didn't want to set myself up to fail. And I didn't want to call attention to it because then I would feel like I was letting my readers down by not posting something every day. While I obviously did not succeed per the rules of the blogfest, I did manage to blog a lot and I'm proud of that.

SO - it's November! Isn't it grand? I just LOVE the fall colors and the crisp air and apple-cider donuts. I also LOVE that Halloween is over. I've got two big bags of candy that I'm still sorting through. NO - not to pick out the yummies for myself. Rather, I like to go through and pick out all the candy that would work for gingerbread houses. Yep - we're going to be doing them this year and I'm so excited! What candies do I pilfer? Jolly ranchers or any hard candy that can be smashed up & cooked into cookies for the "stained-glass" windows. Lollipops for festive trees or even lamp-posts. Nerds for a pebbled pathway. Let's see... what else is there? Um........ I can't think of anything else at the moment. You'll see our work in progress after Thanksgiving.


Like the bats? My 7yo daughter cut these out and I strung them up. This was the extent of our Halloween decorations. Sigh. At least it was something!

My thoughts are all disjointed, so I'll stop for now.

Hope you're having a lovely day!

1 comment:

Steph said...

My sisters in-law want to make gingerbread houses Thanksgiving weekend while I'm there. I'd like to know more of your ideas! I love the stained glass idea. How do you make them?

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller