*achoo!*
Excuse me. I've got my first cold since BEFORE I was pregnant. And now, me, Little Slugger & Big Guy all have miserable colds. Yuck.
SO, let's talk about more happy things!
*achoo!*
I had a birthday yesterday! Isn't that so awesome? I turned 41. Yes. FORTY-ONE. I'm rather excited about it! This has been a very good year thus far and I am really looking forward to how the rest of the year pans out. (Why is the theme song from "Love Boat" popping up in my head? "It's exciting and newww..." Bleh!)
My baby sister is coming out for a visit in about a week! WOOHOO! I love her so much and I can't wait to see her beautiful baby girl again. (Prepare yourself Kays! I'll be snapping pics galore!) I'm just sorry her visit is so short... but she's got boys back home (her 3 sons & husband) that need her.
HRH is coming for a visit too! Ohhh have I got things planned! Sight-seeing, shopping, gabbing, dining! I'm so excited that I can't stand it! I think my husband can't stand it either... for other reasons as I've been in a mad frenzy in getting this place spic-and-span. Yeah, she's a professional house-cleaner so um... need to step it up a notch! To be fair, he's very happy for me and has been so sweet about things. I think he's looking forward to eating out too... see, I have this little secret. I don't even think HRH knows this about me. But here goes: I hate seafood. Yep. There. I said it. I'm a Pacific Northwester and I HATE SEAFOOD! If it's got legs, claws - YUCK! If it comes in a shell - YUCK! If it's SALMON - YUCK! But I do like Halibut. Cod. Annndddd... that's about it. Don't try to convince me that shrimp is divine or smashing crab-legs is fun. YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! So, back to my husband - - he's excited that he'll have an opportunity to have seafood. And I know HRH loves it. So, there I'll be... meekly eating my chicken while they whoop it up having salmon or some other such yuck. (No worries, HRH. I won't be gagging or pinching my nose. I have better manners than that. haha)
What else? Oh, my Little Slugger turns ONE in just a few short days. I can't believe it. Time flies! I love his personality. He gives mad faces but as soon as you smile at him, his face lights up and he gives the sweetest smile. Then he also does this surprised look with his mouth forming a perfect 'o'. I LOVE HIM!
Alright - this is a fluff post. I've got a few serious thoughts percolating in my head that I'd like to delve into. However, as my head feels like it's stuffed with cotton and it's a never-ending series of sneezes, I'll wait until my cold dissipates, disappears, dissolves, etc.
'Til then. Farewell.
5 comments:
Ooh, so many fun and wonderful things (well, people) to look forward to! Yay! Hope you're on the mend - bet you're glad you're having your cold NOW instead of next week or so. You cracked me up on the seafood rant. I agree with most of it lady!
Wish I was visiting, too! I think we're planning a trip over there later in the summer. We're trying to find a place to stay that is big enough for all of us and doesn't have pets since J is allergic.
Hope you feel better soon! Loves.
Hey! I grew up HATING seafood, too! And you know what a torture that was, with my dad... the seafood king! Now I actually have come to LOVE grilled shrimp tacos, but only from Rubio's. And I will tolerate fish once in a blue moon, telling myself 'it's good for you, it's good for you...' with every bite. But I will not, NOT!, eat crab, clams, or (shudder) oysters! BLEH!
Anyways, have a great time with all your company and give lil sis a hug from me!
Happy late birthday :)
I'm sorry you are sick! Never a fun thing. I hope you're feeling better for all of your company...
And seafood is gross. Absolutely. Not a fan of the taste and don't get me started on the texture of 90% of seafood... slimy, chewy and nasty. The end ;)
We must not be related because I L.O.V.E. salmon and most fish. However, all the rest of it, bleck! I remember going to Vegas and Mike chowed on the calamrie (fried baby octopus). Um. No. Anyhoo, I'm very excited to see you and your sweet family. I wish the trip was longer. I wish I could be there to meet HRH. I wish I wish I wish, but you know how it is with family at home. Love you sis! Get feeling better!
Post a Comment