Monday, February 07, 2011

I am doing it. Geneology! My gen-e-o-lo-gy! Sorry, that's a song that's sung by the youth in our church and every time I say, "I am doing it" - it creeps in. And makes me crabby! Not CRABBY crabby. Just you know, irritated. It also happens whenever I say, "Not last night, but the night before." I automatically add "24 robbers came a'knockin at my door!"

ANYWAY.

I am doing it! (Not geneology.)

A 5K!

With my daughter!

We signed her up for Girls On The Run program. She and I are both so excited! Well, that's not a completely true statement. She's super excited and I am excited to be part of this with her... BUT I hate running. I don't like things bouncing around. However, it's not for me that I'm doing this. I am doing it for HER. I think this has to be the ultimate Mother-daughter date!
There is just so much negativity out there... and it's over the dumbest things! My daughter now won't drink V-8 with her lunch because the kids make fun of her for liking it. We've been trying to provide her with things to do such as saying, "Oh man!!! You are missing out!" and walking away. I hate that she let's others influence her and how she feels about herself. Criminy - she's EIGHT years old!

Sigh.

In any case, we're hoping that along with this program, and our continual coaching - you know, positive parenting, she'll finally grasp that beautiful fact, SHE is a BEAUTIFUL Daughter of our Heavenly Father!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to go die exercise.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Good for you! I hope its a great experience for both of you! I hate that kids are so mean and I hate that we let other people make us feel bad. :(

HiHoRosie said...

I'm so excited for you guys! This will be great and what a great experience for you both. And bummer that she won't drink V8 anymore. I love that stuff! I forget what a fragile time that is. If only they could see into the future a bit. I wish I could've back then. It stinks.

Kate said...

I did my very first (and so far my only) 5K last summer. I limped in at an embarrassingly slow time, but I was so proud of myself for having done it! It was the start of my like ('love' is too strong a word) for jogging... I am still trying to work my way up to 'running'. Get yourself a new (tight) exercise bra, it helps. And cute new exercise clothes helped me want to work out,too. Guess I am more vain than I like to let on! But if it motivates then it is a good thing, right?

Tell B I said RIGHT ON! V8 and 5K's rock the world!

Adelina Priddis said...

5K's are so much fun! And more fun when you have someone to run it with! I drank V8 as a kid...don't really like it anymore, lol, but it was good then!

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller