Happy 1st day of February! It's a lovely month, yes? It's funny... my husband and I used to hate it. (Besides my birthday, that's just a special day that should literally be celebrated every.day.of.the.year.) When my husband and I were dating and then into our marriage, Valentine's Day was a crabby day. Something always seemed to go wrong. Scary (and psycho) old landlady dancing around in our living room in nothing but her undies, bad news in the mail, a trip to the ER, etc., AND etc. So we turned into not liking V-day so much. However, that changed 9 years ago. You see, I got a call at work and was told that Hero & I had been picked to be the adoptive parents of our precious Boo! Yep - that call came on VALENTINE'S DAY!!! You shoulda heard the whooping, the screaming, the HALLELUJAH'S ringing through the office that day! Then along came Little Slugger... who was a *surprise* miracle baby. His birthday is also in February, 5 days after mine! Ah, February is now rose-tinted for us.
What are we going to do to celebrate February? Why, hang up heart cut-outs! Bake heart-shaped cookies! Write little love-notes! All kinds of fun stuff! What are you going to do to celebrate this month?
Ideas needed? Click
HERE.
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!"
~Lucy Van Pelt
(In Peanuts, by Charles M. Schulz.)
5 comments:
AMEN to the chocolate! Happy February to you!
Happy days for you and your sweet little family! And you inspired me to do some fun things. ;)
this month is our anniversary :) 13 years together
SOOOO happy that february has turned out to be a wonderful month for you! (And be looking in the mail for a little something from me - but it's still in the works, so it might be a little bit! Eeek!)
It sounds like you should have an absolute PARTY every day this month!! I'm glad it's such a good one for you :D
Post a Comment