I like what my sis Stacey said.
"Losing friends is tough. However, I feel very strongly that some relationships are meant to last forever, and some are meant to wane. All serve their purposes, but we just have to keep plugging along knowing that HF has more wonderful people to bring into our lives...throughout our lives. Hang in there you two. It will work out the way it is supposed to."
It's true. Interestingly enough, that experience led to a rather mature conversation between Boo & Hero. He asked her to share her thoughts & feelings on the matter and apparently, she resigned herself to not being friends with her again. When asked why, she replied, "She's just not nice anymore." He asked what she was going to do when they were at school together. "I'm just going to make new friends and stay away from her."
Rather bittersweet to see our young daughter go through some emotional growing-pains. We're so proud of her yet wish she didn't have to experience that heartache. But you know, she's learning to recognize when "some are meant to wane." Including relationships that are not healthy. And Stacey is right - HF DOES have more wonderful people to bring into our lives.
Growing up is hard to do. Even for parents.
Thanks Little Sister. You reminded me of some simple & beautiful truths today.
4 comments:
So true - Stacey is right on and I applaud B for her maturity. Love and continued prayers for you all.
That is very mature of B! I'm having proud tears for my sweet niece. Lots of love to you guys!
Yep, it's hard growing up. B will continue to recognize those people who are toxic to her spirit and personality and this is the first step in helping her through that. {{HUGS}}
Growing up IS hard to do. We've found out too this summer...keep your chin up...all of you!
Post a Comment