Thursday, August 04, 2011

I need to scream.

Let's see if I can confuse you.

Child 1 and child 2 are neighbors and also bff's. Lately though, #2 has been snotty and mean. She plays with child #3 who is 3 years older and is about to go into middle school. #1 has been banned from playing with #3 eons ago because she uses profanity and is just plain mean. Parent of #1 spoke with parent of #2 and they both agreed that 1 & 2 need to stay away from 3. Unfortunately Parent # 2 works full-time and goes to school full-time. Also is a single parent but grandma lives with them and cares for them.  So Parent #2 doesn't really have a clue as to what's going on. (Grandma doesn't speak English so she doesn't understand the mean things that child #2 is saying.)

Thought things were worked out.

Nope.

Child #2 told a young neighbor gal & child's #1's baby brother to play the "Naked Brat" game. Told neighbor gal to pull down her pants. (She has some developmental issues so she's not to blame for doing it.) She also told brother to kiss the gal "anywhere." (Fortunately, he only kissed her cheek.) Parent #1 comes outside to check on the kids and catches the pants down on the girl. Told her mom who totally got how it wasn't her fault and guided her to understand that kind of stuff isn't ok. Parent #1 talks to brother who told her that Child #2 told them to do it.

Going back to #1 & 2, it was decided #1 couldn't play with #2 anymore. "Take a break." Hoping that #2 would get over this stupid phase. It escalated, however, with #2 hanging out with #3 all day and yelling at #1 and making rude noises & comments. #2 & 3 are now "bf's." They ride their bikes back and forth in front of #1's house, pointing, saying mean things and just... being MEAN!

Parent #1 tells Parent #2, they can't play together anymore. And she needed to talk to the neighbor mom about what happened. Child #2 completely lied and said #1 told the kids to do it. NOT true as #1 had been spending the whole day inside with parents. In fact, that same day? #2 actually came over to play inside with #1! If it weren't for the fact that these are KIDS, it would sound like covering tracks!

Now Parent #2 is ticked off at P-1. And is GLAD they're not friends anymore.

Defensive? Guilty? Embarrassed?

Did I mention I want to scream???!!!

Now, no more codes. This parent is gone all the freaking time! The child is obviously needing attention and guidance. While the grandma is awesome, she doesn't speak English so all she knows is that the kids are just riding bikes. Not doing the mean stuff.

Now my heart aches for my eldest child. I don't know if this relationship with either her former bff or my relationship with the other parent will recover. Which makes the pain all the greater in seeing my child not understand why her bff is suddenly so mean, manipulative and dishonest. She has so few friends as it is that the loss of one is a huge deal.

I'm just grateful for the fact that she has some cousins in town for the week to help soften the blow and get her mind off things.

And I wish that this other parent will come to a point that she can see clearly and not be so proud as to just trash a 5-year relationship out of embarrassment.

Gah.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Girls can be so mean and cruel. I'm so sorry you and B have to go through this. Pray for them, is all I know to say. Have B pray for her friend. I can't imagine your pain. Heavenly Father will help. Love you!

Her Royal Highness said...

Wow. I mean, WOW!!! Is this the same friend that would give a ride to/from school? I'm just trying to put a face with a name - er, number.
I second Tiff's suggestion. All you can do is pray, really. Sounds so cliche, but in instances like this, it's really all you can do.
Hope it gets better for everyone.

Steph said...

Prayer is the first word that came to my mind as well. Good luck.

Lisa Merkley said...

Oh no! That's terrible! My heart goes out to both you and Boo. It's a hard thing to deal with when you can't kiss your kid and make everything all better any more!

Love you guys and miss you guys!

HiHoRosie said...

This makes me sad and angry for you and B. Love you all!

Okay Stacey said...

Losing friends is tough. However, I feel very strongly that some relationships are meant to last forever, and some are meant to wane. All serve their purposes, but we just have to keep plugging along knowing that HF has more wonderful people to bring into our lives...throughout our lives. Hang in there you two. It will work out the way it is supposed to.

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller