Friday, August 26, 2011

Randomness:

I woke up from a dream where I was in a foreign country with some girlfriends. On the tram (which was t-shaped and moved sideways), I lost them and was trying to see if the operator would go back and see if we could catch them so I could get our pictures taken. He comes up to me and the credits started rolling. WHO HAS ROLLING CREDITS AT THE END OF THEIR DREAM??? Apparently, I do. And I never got to find out if I was able to get pics taken with my gf's!

Argh.

I hate when dreams don't resolve themselves.

My kids, older kids, had all of their toys taken away. Indefinitely. They are now spending their time playing outside, reading, helping with chores, getting into a school-year routine. I'm quite liking all the space they have in their room! And downstairs too!

I still haven't recovered completely from the 7-day migraine I had. I'm still super sensitive to sound, light & smells. No pain in da head, but still super-sensitive. Ugh. And I lost my sunglasses.

We have done horrible this month with our menu-planning. Typically, we plan 2 weeks in advance. This month? Nope. To be fair, we've been super busy with family, camping trips, PTA stuff. But... I've tried 3 times today to try and come up with a menu and I'm drawing a blank. Nothing sounds good. Could be another symptom of my headache stuff, right? No brain cells?

I'm feeling like I have too many balls up in the air and I don't know how to juggle so they keep falling down to the ground which is hot lava so it explodes/burns on contact. School, PTA, support group moderating, kids, bills, menu-planning (ha!), and etc.

On top of which, I have no church responsibilities... I think I'm not going to go there for now. Headache is beckoning me to get off the computer with it's bright screen.

Carry on.

4 comments:

Tom and Juli said...

If anyone can handle too many balls in the air it's you, you can do it!

I feel ya on the sensitivity thing. This pregnancy (well, and my others) make me get headaches so easily, and everything is a trigger. Just get some dark shades and wear them in the house. ;)

Juli

Her Royal Highness said...

Credits, huh? Now THAT is cool. I never have credits at the end of my dreams!
Menu? chicken crescent rolls, tacos, spaghetti, brown sugar chicken, pizza.. That's what we had last week. :)
I'm sorry about your head and the lack of juggling skills. I know PRECISELY how you feel. And I hope you feel better soon.

clybbert said...

Try an upscale version of grilled cheese. Use olive oil (and sautee a little garlic in it before hand) on the outside of the bread then layer tomato (with of course, some salt and pepper!), basil, mozzarella, and a little provolone cheese. It is SO good! I serve mine with tomato soup. Hope that is one less meal to plan!

Rosanna said...

You read my mind on the ball juggling. Something about this time of year makes me feel motivated but entirely overwhelmed! Definitely time for school to start...

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller