30-day Blogging Challenge...
Day 4: A song to match your mood.
Physically, I feel a lot better. I've had migraine after migraine for the past week. Coupled with sleepless nights. Last night I went to bed at 9:30 and got up at 10am. Not enough but we're getting there.
Spiritually, I'm in a subdued mood. It's the 10 year anniversary of 9/11. I was at work watching the news on my computer. My heart stopped and I cried. Our bosses let us all go home as it seemed there were a number of us had relatives/friends in the twin towers. I didn't. Not directly. Yet, aren't we all affected? I raced home and stayed glued to the tv for hours. Crying, sobbing, not understanding the amount of hate people could have towards others, not understanding wanting to die simply to hurt others. It was all surreal... for that matter, it still is surreal.
Then, my brother posted some stats on fb:
Remember the fallen. Minimum estimates.
Iraq 107,152 civilian deaths. Afghanistan 40,000 civilian deaths.
Do they have a day set aside with tributes? Do they have super-stars singing songs?
Most likely... not.
It saddens me that we get so wrapped up in our own little bubble and forget about all the pain in other parts of the world... because, like I said earlier, we're not directly related or connected. Yet, we are. It all affects us whether we choose to believe it or not.
So, for my song that matches my mood today:
As the Shadows Fall (to listen, click on title)
As the shadows fall, O Savior,
Turn our thoughts and minds to thee.
Help us, Lord, that we may strive for
Peace, and find our rest in thee.
Father, please watch o'er our loved ones
As the evening round them flows.
Lord, accept our supplications;
Be with us in our repose.
1 comment:
That's a fitting song (for most people this day). Thanks for your thoughts. I was thinking the same thing.
Post a Comment