30-day Blogging Challenge...
Day 1: Introduction, recent picture of yourself, 15 interesting facts
Hello, my name is sariqd. That is a combination of 2 nicknames. "Sari" and "QD" - cutie. Feel free to call me "sari." The other nickname is reserved for my Hero. I have 3 beautiful children who are all 4 years apart. That was not planned by the way. My oldest two are adopted and my 3rd was an added blessing. My husband & I have been married for over 16 years. Um... let's go onto facts, shall we?
Here are 15 interesting facts. Or not so interesting.
- It really bugs me when people put ketchup on Mexican food. My Hero does that and now, so do my kids. Hmph.
- My favorite ice-cream flavor is chocolate. Put together with sliced banana & caramel. It's a party my mouth can't refuse.
- I have too many unfinished objects that are cluttering up my bedroom. Which is why I can't find the blasted glue-gun to FINISH a project. I had to resort to placing a request on fb for one. Happily, a friend is bringing one by in the morning.
- I hate not being able to go to movies with girlfriends. I could, but I wouldn't understand anything at all and I really don't want to pay big bucks to just sit there and take cues as to when to laugh from those sitting around me.
- I'm Co-President of the school's PTA. It's an interesting combo. Me, a HOH gal (hard-of-hearing) and a Latin gal with English being her 2nd language. Between the both of us, it gets a little crazy trying to understand each other but she's such a good sport and we do work well together.
- I made more friends in the past month than I have all this past year. It took being in the PTA for me to have the courage to shed that shyness that I allowed to overcome me. (HiHo knows I didn't use to be like that... remember all the parties & dances? :)
- Hero was my only boyfriend. And, it wasn't really a boyfriend kind of deal. I already knew I was going to marry him the first time I saw him. He knew on our 2nd date.
- He's also my first kiss. Some gals say that I'm lucky but truthfully? I kinda wonder how... well, that's all done and over with and since I enjoy that with my Hero, I'll just stop there.
- I love to read. And it's how I wind down before going to bed. If I don't have a book to read, I get all antsy & frustrated. Then I can't sleep at all.
- My favorite color is turqoise - anything within that range. Blue-green, green-blue, sky-blue, etc. On my kitchen window sill, I have a few objects in those colors and it just makes me happy.
- I love stained-glass. In fact, I discovered a new project (oh no! another one!) where you can do a faux-stained glass deal. Alcohol inks! You just brush it on or drop it on and use a air-canister to blast it (which creates a mottled look.)
- I'm addicted to pinterest... almost. For example, I didn't get on there at ALL today. Of course, I didn't get on the computer until tonight. : /
- Dang, how much more? Um. I love to camp. But only if there's a shower available with hot water.
- I love to grow tomatoes but won't eat them.
- I play the piano even though at times, I can't hear what I'm playing due to people singing loudly. At that point I just play... blindly. (ha!) And hope fervently that I'm on cue with them.
- I hate watching football but I'll gladly sacrifice my sanity to watch with Hero. (Now that's love!)
- When I need to get my head together, I always go to the beach. Rain or shine.
- Hero just told me (I'm recruiting his help here) that I have a storage unit full of children's books... that I won't let the children read. And to that I say, NOT SO! They're in STORAGE and that's why they don't read them! And I so do not have a unit FULL of books. A few boxes yes, not a whole freaking storage unit.
There you go. My first day on this blogging challenge. Why don't you too, do this? The list is on my side-bar.
Not the greatest picture of me... but it's a picture of my favorite Little Slugger and my favorite beach. And in case you're wondering why I'm holding him so awkwardly, it's because he fell in the ocean and is sopping wet. He was also mad that I wouldn't let him get back in the water.
2 comments:
I love this! I knew some of these fun facts but not all of them. That was fun!
I might do it - someday.
Cute pic and funny! I can hear him crying to get back in. :)
And seriously? Ketchup? Ugh. That's just gross. Remember when we had Roger and Dan over for dinner and Roger put ranch dressing on his lasagna we slaved over??? Didn't understand that one at all. I like ketchup and I like ranch dressing but don't like them slathered on foods they don't belong. But maybe that's just me? ;)
Fun post! Maybe I'll do it someday too. ha ha!
Post a Comment