Friday, June 01, 2007

J'aime le parfum...mais trop de parfum est stinky!

My sis-in-law and I went to a department store to see about trying new perfumes. How come nobody ever told me that you can ask them to make you small samples! Argh! I've always just got those perfume strips in magazines and rubbed them on my wrist and called it good! Yet... more often than not, I would hate the perfume because it didn't really mesh well with my body chemistry. Zut alors! What a waste of money! *sigh* ANYHOO - long story even longer... My friend warns me not to like Gucci 2 because she likes it and is going to get a sample to try out at home. Which brought up the whole discussion of perfumes & colognes and the association they carry. That being for example, I can't have my husband wear certain colognes that I know his Dad & his brother wears. I just don't want the connection! So - besides being on a quest for a new perfume for myself, I'm now on one for my husband. My husband used to wear Drakkar but 5 minutes after putting it on, it no longer "works." I'm feeling quite meloncholy about it as I love it, good memories....

But! I digress! (I love that word, 'digress.') We ran the whole gamut of smelling, squirting, smelling the perfumes. I secretly am liking the Gucci 2 but, out of....whatever, I won't try that one out. The whole association thing, you know?

The results of the perfume detective work is that I have 3 samples. 1) DKNY-Red Delicious, 2) DKNY-Green Apple (-?) and 3) Shi. At first whiff, I'm thinking #3 might be the winner as it's a little reminiscent of my current (hahahah - the one I've been wearing for about 15 years!) perfume which is Oscar de la Renta.

No comments:

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller