Not that I've even kissed any of these boys/men except for #11 - which would be my hubby, (see Men I've loved blog) but I suddenly remembered that there were other guys who have impacted me in some way in my life. Let me add to the list.
9a. Michael. Lol - I moved up from Mike to Michael! Seriously though, I didn't love him. My mother actually got me to write to him as he was serving a church mission and he was deaf and he was from Seattle. We pen-palled for a year or so. He came home and wanted to marry me. Kept asking me over and over and over. It was always in the company of others and... I think he was just a lonely guy. Last I heard, he's still not married.
9b. "First, you move your thumb." I met this guy during a local production of "My Fair Lady." He was one of the characters in the musical and he was studying his alphabet sign during rehearshal. I happened to walk by and noticed he was doing them wrong so I offered to show him the correct way. Since then, he became my best friend. He helped me shed the shyness & angst that I suffered through highschool. We had a blast together for a few years and then he went on his way. I have some awesome memories of our time spent together.
10b. Brent. He used to have a purple suit. Was a loner but always hung around me. He once tried to take me on a date on a ferry. We got to the dock late so - apparently we missed the ferry that would "ride off into the sunset." Hm. So, we went on a passenger ferry that doesn't have observation decks. He took me to the end of the ferry and he tried to make it a romantic thing by pointing out the sunset through a 12-inch open window. Um.... ok. Things just went downhill for him I guess. Me - I love ferry rides so it didn't bother me, besides, when I can't figure out what's going on as to the other person's intentions? Fuhgeht about it. Anyhoo - then I noticed that he only wanted to talk about my friend Buffy. About the mistakes she was making in the guy she was dating. You know... call me crazy, I just don't think that's really conducive to setting up a relationship with me.
10c. Skippy. We fought a lot... but in a nice way... and through letters. He had me meet him at the airport during one of his transfers. He also had me meet his family while he was gone. Lovely family and awesome friend.
10d. Danny-boy. While we didn't have any interest in each other beyond just being friends, he became one of my best friends. We would talk for hours and hours. He taught me the power of reflection.
Well, there you have it. I'm sure there are others but really... not as consequential as the ones I've listed. They have all in some way taught me things about myself and helped me to be more aware of others.
No comments:
Post a Comment