Sunday, January 11, 2009

My friend over at Ice Cream Diary is a pretty cool chick. But sometimes the ideas she comes up with just freaks me out. Like dejunking. UH? You mean we're not supposed to keep hanging on to stuff for 20 years because, "I might NEED that?" In fact, she puts the fear of spiders in me that I promptly do a 5-minute grab & bag and THROW out stuff. Seriously. Every time she posts about it. Weird, huh?

Then she starts posting about One Week Goals.... Setting attainable goals on a weekly basis. THEN she invites anyone that wants to participate to leave their link on her blog! Man! Talk about accountability! Sheesh!

I admit... when I read her first one, I thought to myself, "Oh, that's nice." And promptly went facebooking to get it out of my mind. But, then - I went back and saw her 2nd post... and was amazed by the new goals she set. AND? I decided to participate. (If my writing about her & her posts seem a little..... creepy? Then know that I'm not stalking her. Truly. I'm not obsessed with her.... but she does have amazing hair! I wish my hair was like that. My hair can't quite decide if it's supposed to be curly or wavy or straight. *sigh*)

ANYWAYYYYYYYY - here are my goals for JUST THIS WEEK!

Starting tomorrow, I will be getting up at 6:30 and exercising for 30 minutes and showering & getting ready for the day at 7am. I'm going to DO THIS every day this week. I was up early this morning for a meeting and as I drove to the meeting, I was reflecting on how much I enjoyed the quiet time. the darkness, the stillness of the morning before the general population started waking up. I enjoyed just listening to classical music... a rare opportunity. Now, mind you, Working out is not a QUIET activity... nor will I be listening to classical music while exercising. But still, I enjoy that time to myself. Why is it so easy to forget?

Starting tomorrow, I will be doing 15-minute bursts of dejunking in my bedroom. Please note that I am not committing to doing it every hour or a certain number of times. I AM committed to doing at least ONCE every day. Truly, it's amazing if you set a timer, how much you can get done.

Starting tomorrow..... well, I'll start thinking about what I'll do next week. ;-)

4 comments:

Ice Cream said...

Yay! Thanks for joining, I need the support. I'm both terrified and excited about this week's goals. I am truly in awe over your morning goal and can't wait to hear about the results. Good luck!

Her Royal Highness said...

I, too, am in awe of your goals!
Flylady says that, "You can do ANYTHING in 15 minutes". really, you can. So have fun dejunking!

I think I'll take my list of 'things to do' and turn it into a weekly goal thing. All these things to do and only 4 weeks in which to do them. I need to get cracking!

And when will we know about the magical munchy kits???

HiHoRosie said...

Smart! I like the idea of weekly goals. Maybe even daily! lol

Kate said...

Way to go! Okay! I can try a weekly goal...maybe. Can I start next week? ;)

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller