Thursday, January 01, 2009

With the year 2008 having just ended and 2009 just beginning, I have been reflecting on some things that I would like to see changed....

Such as, trying to liven up the doldrums of running a household and raising children. How do I propose to do that? How about having that "
narrator" in my head spice things up a bit. For example, instead of saying, "Oh boy. Laundry. Again. Neat." My narrator would say, "Beholdddd... the daunting task of reducing the mountains of fiberous materials was before her. Would she succumb to the madness that certainly always comes? Or will she put on her game face. The face that shows the world that she means to wrestle those materials into submission?" See? It sounds... ohhh SO exciting!!! Doesn't it just make you want to hear MORE?

Another area in my life that could use some habanero in it is my cooking. I am in SUCH. A. RUT! Man! Therefore, I aim to try a new recipe each week from different countries. It can't be that hard, can it?

I'm also looking into exposing my children to different kinds of art. I grew up with a family who were all artists in their own rights. Writing, painting, composing, musical instruments, singing, photography and etc. My mother loved the arts and like I said - I was exposed to it. With my children, they have only seen a fraction of it. Experienced only a TINY FRACTION of it through a bit of painting and coloring here and there. I didn't put 2 and 2 together until yesterday when I was on a Mommy-Daughter date with Boo. We went to a ceramic painting studio and then when we were done, Boo suggested we go looking in all of the little shops along the way. The first shop we went into was an art gallery! The owner of the place was oh so sweet with Boo and took the time to explain the different genres of art and it was truly, such a delightful time. Boo just soaked it all in and we both walked out of there having felt... nourished. SO - back to what I was saying, I'm going to get my children more involved with art and how for me, I'm also going to do more. Why am I so afraid to let my kids play with my art supplies? (That's a whole 'nother story.) I feel GOOD about this and am so excited too.

I'm also thinking about my well-being. As many of you know, last year was a really pooper of a year. I tried not to let things get to me but I admit it. I really struggled with depression last year. Being put through the wringer, heck, anybody would come out of it less than stellar. So for this, I'm really going to work on getting to a place where I feel good about me. Spiritually, emotionally, physically, and whatever other -ally places. Working on that area will also help me in other areas such as a big one - being a better mom and also being a better friend.

Wow! My first post of 2009! Woot!

Here's looking at you kid!

4 comments:

Julie@My5monkeys said...

good luck with all your goals and sorry to hear that 2008 sucked for you and that you were put through the wringer. love you

Julie@My5monkeys said...

ps I get into ruts with cooking all the time..

Her Royal Highness said...

(snorting self awake*, you kept me up late last night...) - I'm excited to read about how your goals progress through the year.
I've always wanted to go paint ceramics - I wish we had a place here that did that.
Time to go lay down - happy new year Sara!

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

Happy New Year!!! I hope this year is much better for you than last. I have missed you!:)

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller