Sunday, February 07, 2010

Something is bugging me... and making me a little sad too. What is it, you say? It's this that I saw on tv the other day:

"To begin a relationship with Jesus Christ,
call: 1-877 -(something or other)"

There are several aspects about this seemingly innocuous statement that saddens me. How we need to CALL an 800# to begin a relationship? Quite frankly? We don't need a third-party to begin one.It's not that hard, you know? I think it begins with just having a question in your mind about His existence. Or perhaps why things happen the way they do. Questions are good though - and if one can allow themselves to think it through and then take it to the next level of asking those questions in a prayer and being receptive to the feelings and thoughts that would come? I believe that they'd be surprised that peace is generally the feeling that comes.

Btw - I'm pretty sure that if you were to call the number they gave, they would ask for a "donation". NOT okay with that.

I'm cutting this thought short as I've got kids who will not settle down and I'm not feeling so hot myself. Tell me your thoughts on this though...

1 comment:

Necha said...

I agree, Very sad. :(

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller