Friday, February 05, 2010

You know, whenever I say "I want!" I think of a bossy, selfish little girl who if she doesn't get her way starts throwing a tantrum. You know, with stomping of the feet & balled fists. I don't know why that image always pops up in my mind because I certainly wasn't like that when I was a kid. At least, I don't think so. Eep!

In any case, the sun was shining this morning and it made me want the following:
(Btw - I am NOT throwing a tantrum since these things do take a little planning which is hard for this gal who believes in instant gratification. Can you imagine? An 8-month pregnant woman throwing a tantrum? Er... No comment please. haha!)

*Day trip to the ocean. Not just going down the hill to my favorite beach, but go further down the coast and stay at a lovely B&B and just hang out on the beach with nothing particular to do except listen to the waves crashing and feeling the sand under my feet.

*Going to Pike Place Market. It's been YEARS since I've been there. Actually, I think I went there with my SIL - Heidi but it was still at least a couple of years ago... There's just something about that place with musicians on the corner, funky people, the smells of all the different bakeries... MMM!

*Getting a pedi/mani... but without them feeling like they have to talk to me and me getting frustrated trying to figure out what they're saying as they usually have heavy accents. It's always awkward for me because I'm so nice (except when I'm crabby...) and don't want to hurt their feelings thinking that I'm some snobby girl and they start muttering under their breath.

*Getting my hair done. The warmth of the hair-dryer and the massaging of the scalp? Heaven.

*Going on a date with Hero. For longer than 1.5 hours. Oh heck, I'd even take that!!! Actually, being able to take our sweet time in a new restaurant and then going for a walk somewhere.

*Going to a new part of town that we haven't explored before and spend the day taking pictures.

That's all I can think of for now but it's served plenty for me to daydream about...

What kind of things do YOU want to do? (Minus kids?)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Came across your blog and was reading all the things you'd like to do. I would like a day to myself. No one yelling mommy mommy mommy or honey could you please......
A day to feel like the old me. The me without all the responsibility.

sariqd said...

Anonymous - I hear you on that. Which is why I said MINUS KIDS. I've been with them 24/7 and I just KNOW that's why I have not just a grey hair here & there. I have gobs!

Hope you get a day to yourself soon. Or even just a few hours!

Lisa Merkley said...

I'm with you on the B&B. Well, not WITH you, but with hubby. :)

HiHoRosie said...

Pike Place!!!! That was fun - remember those Texas-sized apple fritters? lol! I'd like a mani/pedi too and a date with my hubby. ;)

Her Royal Highness said...

really? You mean I can dream of what I'd do without kids around?
My mind is really at even the thought.
Can I just join you on your list of things to do? They're all so heavenly. Mmmm, someone washing my hair - love it!

Kate said...

My 'I wants' actually involve my kids.

I want... a Saturday where everyone wakes up on their own, hits the gym early, does their chores without complaint, and are ready to go out to lunch and play together for the remainder of the day.

I want... to never have to stress about whether or not homework is completed and grades are up to scratch.

Scott's said...

I have recently come across a B&B by SFalls that is a giant tree house. I would love to stay there for a night. It sits 160 ft in the air overlooking the river, with a deck. I am already daydreaming.

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller