Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 16: A letter to someone who has hurt you lately

I WAS hurt recently as in the past couple of days. I don't know if they read my blog or not. So I hesitate to write it. Yet, my Hero would say I should because he's frustrated and hates seeing me hurt.

Dear Person,
I had been looking forward to getting together with you for eons. While we're not really bff's, I do enjoy my time with you and you, likewise. I think. I say that because everytime we set up a time to get together, something always comes up. But I see you posting on fb about all the fun you're having and blah blah blah. It puts a bad taste in my mouth, you know? But I have just chalked it up to... "whatever." This past weekend though, you said let's get together! Okay! You canceled 40 minutes before I was to come out. "Let's do it tomorrow!" You even sent me a text, you fb me, gave me lots of signs that yes, you wanted me to come out and play! Then I get a call and you canceled again.


My husband was very upset last night. He felt you should be called out on it. He figures that we actually get together maybe less than 10% of the times that were set up. He sees a pattern and it's not right. Me? I don't think it's right either. I have noticed a pattern too and it's very sad when I plan something with you knowing that in all likelihood, it'll be canceled. Isn't that sad to you? Don't you see the pattern? If you're going to commit to something, you need to commit completely. I do understand that there are times when you're just too tired or the kids/you are really sick. But when it's almost all the time? Um. Might want to figure something out.


I really do like you. I think you're funny, creative and are truly a blast to be with. Yet, when it's something that I'm needing - a girls' night out, it's not nice to keep cancelling. I don't want to have to say "see ya later, aligator." But I'm thinking that perhaps, we should just be friendly and not be friends. I hate saying that.


I do hope that you're able to sort things out. You may have a lot on your plate so perhaps it's just best that we just not try and set things up for now. Okay? I do truly wish you the best.


With a sad farewell,
sariqd

4 comments:

Steph said...

That is very sad.

Melissa said...

I'm sorry... I've had friends who have let me down in the past too...

Her Royal Highness said...

good for you! Sometimes people need to realize what their actions are doing to others' - though possibly not intentional. That was well versed.
sorry you had to go through that but so glad Hero made you write that.

Tiffany said...

This makes me sad. What a loss for her. I would LOVE to have a GNO with you and would NOT cancel. If only I lived closer. Hugs, hugs.

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller