Day 7: Bible Verse
I am including verses from both the King James Version of the Holy Bible and also the Book of Mormon.
2 Timothy 1:7-8, 13
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. This is something I need to repeat often to myself. I let fear rule my days and just how is that helping me become a better person? It's not. I HAVE the power, I HAVE love, and I HAVE a sound mind. Well, mostly on that last bit. ;)
Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; I'm not "ashamed" of my testimony. I AM afraid of offending someone. However, I learn (and relearn) that if I share my testimony with those that I love and care about, it will be received in the same spirit. And again - I need to not have the "spirit of fear."
Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. I love this. All I can hold onto is my testimony which is based on faith and love.
2 Nephi 31:20-21
Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfstness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life. Something that I say to my family is that we just need to "move foward." There is nothing we can do about the past, right? What we can do is PRESS forward, work through those trials & tribulations, and know that we'll have eternal life. There IS a reward for being faithful.
And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen.
I don't know of my readers who are or not of the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Or, the LDS faith. However, I would like to invite you and all of you, to visit: mormon.org You will find more information on the beliefs shared by us Christians. You will even find why we were nicknamed "mormons." :)
2 comments:
So glad you're back!
Ditto! I've missed your blog posts!
Post a Comment