Monday, December 12, 2011

I think I have cried every day since my Hero and I have made the decision to move over a week ago. No, not because we're moving. Well, it is but not in a negative way. My heart is just swelling with joy at the prospect of going on a grand adventure with my family. Of starting from scratch in building up new relationships with those around us and also building up the relationships we have with our children in different ways.

I AM sad to be leaving home. My beautiful state of Washington. Yet the excitement of this new adventure outweighs it all. In a sense, we're becoming pioneers in forging forward and scratching out a place of our own. Granted, we've got all the modern means to help us along. Thank goodness. But we all, from Hero down to Little Slugger just need that jump-start in our lives.

The other part of my tears? Is truly becoming humbled by how blessed we were while living here. There are some pretty awesome memories that have been created here while I was growing up with my family and now my kids growing up.

Hero is in the midst of some final assessments for one company this morning. Then he has to do the same thing again in a couple of days. It's odd, I haven't heard of 4-hour assessments as being part of the final round in the interview process. I suppose it's good? I don't know, I just don't have experience with that being part of getting hired. The assessments, I DO have experience in getting hired!!!

I'm missing him like crazy but am glad he's down there staying at his sister's place. She's been fantastic in helping us out and giving us information about schtuffs down there. :) Another thing, she can get him to laugh - which he really needs. I mean, I can only be funny for so long! haha!

I was missing him this morning when I came across somebody's fb status:
Even when you feel alone, just know that laundry is always there.
Ain't that the truth? Let me hear an AMEN!

I'm so glad I read that because now I giggle every time I walk past the laundry. (And fyi - my laundry day is Thursday so I've still got a few days to go before taking care of it. Hope the joke doesn't get old before then, though.)

Carry on.

4 comments:

Julie@My5monkeys said...

Good Luck on your adventure and yes there will always be laundry

Her Royal Highness said...

AMEN! even though I'm caught up today on my laundry, tomorrow I will have more.
I'm excited for your new adventure and to hear all about it! When do you get to see Hero again?

HiHoRosie said...

ha ha, that quote's good! Wishing all the best for Hero and that [more] good news follows soon. :)

Okay Stacey said...

I know your feeling well sister. Love you bunches and I can't wait for you guys to forge the way to Arizona, so my family will have a reason for an awesome road trip! :)

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller