Sunday, December 18, 2011

I've had my pity party, I've cried my tears out, I've talked with Hero and now that he's coming home in two days, I feel like there's an end in sight. The combination of migraines, sleepless nights, sick baby, guilt for not doing anything Christmassy with the kids, lonely for husband, deep freezer not working and losing all that food, and not knowing when Hero was going to come home - just too much for this girl.

However, I've put my big-girl panties on (thanks, HRH!) and here are the blessings/acts of service received:

  1. Bug has been playing WONDERFULLY with Big Guy. You should see the huge lego town they've put together over the past couple of days.
  2. Big Guy has been laughing and his laugh just kills me! In a good way. ;)
  3. Bug has been to tender to Little Slugger. There's just something special between those two and seeing her maternal instincts kick in... beautiful and precious.
  4. Gringa has been so helpful with hugs, lots of texts, picking up my kids from school, and getting me Pedialyte and a thermometer.
  5. My neighbor has been entertaining me with observations of the neighborhood. Also, she brought me some rice to cook-up for Little Slugger.
  6. Someone or some family has picked us for the 12-days of Christmas. Their poetry and their substitutions have been wonderful and humorous too. My older kids thought they died and gone to heaven when for the "5 golden rings" - they got 5 glazed donuts! We rarely get donuts so happy times!
  7. Someone sent us a gift gard to Target. We don't know who but love them for their thoughtfulness.
  8. Unexpected interviews that came up for Hero. He's got two more next week! Let's get those offers coming in!
  9. The Elders Quorum President and his counselor came over yesterday to administer a blessing to my Little Slugger. They spent a few minutes just chatting and talking with Slugger. I believe that made it easier for him to receive a blessing from these men he doesn't know.
  10. The counselor's wife made us a casserole. A tater-tot casserole! I don't think I've had one in 30 years! (Ugh - really? I can say 30 years? Meh.)
  11. The EQ President came and took the older kids to church today.
  12. Grandma took the older kids for a sleep-over on Friday. They had the best time! Roasting marshmallows outside (in the COLD weather!) with neighbor friends, watching a movie, setting up the train around the Christmas tree with Grandpa, and having chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast! I'd say these are the best Gparents evah!
  13. Auntie Stephie taking the older kids for the day and getting them lunch at McD's. The fact she got them SHAKES just put her in RockStar status!
  14. Little Slugger woke up this morning and laughed when he saw his mama being silly.
  15. The realization that not only do we have family in AZ. We also have lots of friends down there! YAY!
  16. A friend called after a year. No, no kind of break-up. We both just got busy. I'm embarrassed by that but so happy she called!
  17. A friend brought over some awesome boxes for us to use in packing.
  18. An awesome doctor from an awesome clinic who mixed up anti-vomit elixir (2 doses) free of charge.
  19. Laundry room has been completely available which is unheard of.
  20. A good night's sleep for both me & Slugger. So needed. It's amazing how awesome it feels!
  21. Prayers and well-wishes from family and friends.
Thanks for putting up with me.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Awesome

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller