Yowsa! We're MOVING! From Seattle to Phoenix. Hellooooo SUNSHINE! I can't tell you how excited I am to have help via sunshine/vita-D with my depression. Trying not to put too much hype to it but oh gosh. It's GOTTA help! This Seattle darkness seems to get worse every year. Or maybe it's me... hm.
I had an experience the other day. One that truly drove home the point that we're pulling up our roots and moving. We were all in Wights (a LOVELY nursery/home decor store) picking our our annual ornaments for Christmas. We were all happy and just chatting about when I came to one section of the store that had woodsy stuff in it. (Btw - the store has 31 decorated/themed trees.) I turned to my left and saw a bunch of owl ornaments and thought to myself, "Hey! I should let Heidi know as she loves owls!" Then I turned to the right and there was a display of a big canoe with lots of things in it. One of them being a big stuffed moose. This moose made me smile as it reminded me of my mom who used to collect stuffed moose (not the real ones, just fake toy ones. Thankfully.) But then that smile? It quickly turned into tears as my heart gave a thump-ker-thump in missing her and thinking of how we stayed in Seattle for her and she's gone... there wasn't anything really concrete holding us here anymore. The tears just fell. Hero took one look at me, looked around and... got it. He just held me right in the middle of that store. All that was just the space of a moment or two. Then I bucked up and went browsing with the kids for ornaments.
This is a huge move for us. For Hero and I, we've moved but it was just cities around Seattle. No big deal. Now we're moving to ARIZONA! Exciting! Crazy! SCARY! But it just feels so right.
That's all for now.
Carry on.
7 comments:
Congrats! I'm sorry you're not moving to the Portland area because I'm selfish like that. But I'm happy for you and your family! I hope it's a good move and that you continue your blog so I can keep spying on you!
Congrats on the move to a sunny place in the world. I understand with sad dreary days . Hugs
Well Sara, I think Phoenix has a great addition coming! I wanna hear deets....did Hero get a job? or are you guys totally living on faith and just moving there?
Maybe on your drive down you can stop over here and say hi before you leave the state forever. :(
I'm sad for me but I'm so happy for you! This is huge (moving out of state is never fun IMO but I've never been in charge so crazy times me thinks) but so exciting to start over fresh and with SUN! Jealous. But yeah, I'm a little sad but knowing you'll be happy makes me happy.
I'm happy it means a visit with me on the way down! And I am happy for you, too! Our friendship knows no geographical boundaries, so it's all good! Happy packing!
Yay! I'm so excited for your family! I will have to come visit you on my way to Tucson.
We are still debating Arizona and haven't ruled it out. You will love it there. It gets HOT, but so helps with the depression. Loves and hugs!
I had a similar experience when Mike and I decided to move to Idaho. We originally moved back up to Washington after living in SLC to be closer to mom and dad...and then, when they were gone, they were gone and it was time to move my family where we could thrive and grow closer together. Idaho has done that for us and I know Arizona will do that for you! Good luck and God bless sweet sister Sari. Love you bunches!
Post a Comment