Saturday, September 15, 2012

What does one do when they want to be of service and yet they're told over and over again, "We'll keep you in mind."  Or they say it's all taken care of and then you find out later that they're still needing help. Frustrating.

I promise I'm not a leper! I wash my hands! I don't take 23 things into the 10-item only check-out lane! I promise!

The kicker is? It's not just one person telling me this. It's multiple! What?!?

That does NOT do a body good.

Just sayin'.

Sigh.

Carry on.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I get the same thing. Many, too many, times. I wonder if it has anything to do with being hoh? I've always wondered this. Do they think that because I am hoh I'm less capable? I don't know. I'm so sorry. This is such a hard one. I really hope they know how great you are and how much they are missing out by not asking you. At least the Lord knows where your heart is.:)

Steph said...

Are you suggesting specific help or just general? I know sometimes I turn down "general" offers of help even if I need help because I don't know what to tell people I need. Sometimes it's nice to hear someone say, "I'll pick your kids up for you" or "What time shall I bring dinner tomorrow" instead of "Do you need anything?"

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller