Dear Crossing Guard Lady,
Thank you for always having a grand smile on your face every morning we walk by. When we get to your point, it's just then that my 5yo daughter starts complaining about being too cold, too tired. With your bright & chipper voice, you greet us with, "Good morning! OH look at you, just delightful!" It puts the spring back into our steps and smiles on our faces and we're ready to face the new day.
Yours Truly,
A mom
Dear Mr. Banker,
Thank you for greeting me with a big smile yesterday. Yes, I realize that part of it probably has to do with the money I'm bringing, but regardless, your smile was just what I needed to perk up a bit. Thank you for your warm manner and understanding as I struggled with balancing my 18mo son while trying to punch in my PIN on a machine that I had to stand on tippy-toes to see. Thank you for not counting my money out loud when you saw the gentleman staring over at us. Instead, you counted the money behind the counter and would look at me to make sure I had the same mental count. I really appreciated your service.
Sincerely,
Shortie
Dear Different Crossing Guard Lady,
I was not pleased at all with you trying to get me, my 5yo daughter & 18mo son to cross against the light even though there was no cars coming in our direction. I told you that we would wait for the cross-light to change for us and still, you tried 3 times to get us to cross. You told me that the cross-light was broken. When I punched the button, guess what? It worked. Please remember that we're trying to teach our children to be responsible and safe. Don't worry, I don't hate you. Hope you saw that in the smile and friendly, "Hello!" I gave you today.
Regards,
Safety-conscientious mom
Dear Mrs. Stephenie Meyer,
Thank you for the Twilight book series. I read the 3 books in about 4 days. At first, I was in love with Edward but now... I'm in love with Jacob. I'm finding myself worrying about Jacob's outcome which is frustrating as the next book in the series won't be out until sometime next year? Please... let there be a happy ending. Please. Please. Please!
Sincerely,
Happily-married-lady-who-sees-some-of-Jacob-in-her-husband
2 comments:
I can relate to the having to stand on tip toes to see the screen. LOL
Amen to the Temptress Crossing Guard entry! Would that everyone understood the 'finer points' of parenting...
Post a Comment